Starting Bridge to 10k today!

Options
So... I gave it a whirl... and I MADE IT! That's right... I did the first day of the Bridge to 10k today... (8-min run, 2-min walk, repeated 4 times) and I survived.

I bought new running shoes today... :tongue: on SALE, they're Saucony, & regularly $79.99 & I got them for $48.99, which is exciting :bigsmile:

... And I got 2 new sports bras by Champion because mine have been chaffing... so I'm all prepared!

Anybody have any other advice for me?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it now! Two more weeks until I'm finished. It's definitely been tougher for me than c25k was. Don't know if our programs are exactly the same (I'm using 10k Trainer by Zen Labs - I used their c25k app, too), but last week was three 18 minute runs with 1 minute of walking in between. Not sure if that 1 minute walk was a help or a hindrance! :tongue: Next week it jumps to two 22 minute walks with just one walking interval, still just 1 minute, but it kinda breaks my rhythm! But then I look forward to the break at the same time. LOL

Great job scoring the new shoes on sale! I love new gear!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

What should I avoid eating before I go running? I find sometimes my stomach sits like a lead weight... but I can't pinpoint what I've eaten all the time when that happens.

If I wait too long after eating I get light-headed... so I'm looking for ideas.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I usually run first thing in the morning (to avoid the heat, mostly). I've tried eating something before I go, and I've gone with an empty stomach. Doesn't seem to make much difference in the run, just depends on how early I go, and how hungry I feel when I wake up I guess.

Usually I have a slice of bread with maybe a half a tablespoon of peanut or almond butter, and a half a banana. Or if I've got them, one of those Nature Valley Granola Thins. In either case it takes the edge off the hunger and doesn't bother me on the run - although with the bread, nut butter & banana I do wait at least an hour before I go.