Ok..getting the creep out at my gym thinking about switching

Options
2»

Replies

• czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I say complain to the management! Let the people who will lose your fees fix it for you. Ignore the gauking and complain every time it happens!
  • FitnessJourney
    Options
    If the trainers are making you uncomfortable, speak to management. Chances are they are making other women uncomfortable with their gawking as well.

I very much agree...if you are uncomfortable you most likely aren't the only one. I also agree with the woman above the mentioned that it appears there are a number of things that don't fit right for you at this gym. If the only good thing is location that might not be worth it if you have to deal with the rest of it.

But I would consider taking the advice of some others here and first talking to management or the owner to voice your opinion before you leave for good. It may help others and the owners may have no clue this is going on.

Best of luck,
    Working out time for me is quiet time, my time, not time to fight off guys like in some bar type situations.

I'm so sorry you're having this issue, how uncomfortable. :(

Sally
  • FitnessJourney
    Options
    Another thought I had is when I'm in a certain mood and feeling a bit insecure I might look up and see someone staring at me, or so it seems. I think to myself hm, weird, then I realize I had looked up to the clock beyond them on the other side of the room, so at the same time they may be thinking the very same thing, that I was staring at them.

Our situations sounds a bit different but I know when I'm feeling not myself I can get parinoid. I find at times I am wokring out I stare out into space and I suppose it could seem like I'm looking at someone then too.

Someone mentioned your clothes, what you wear should have nothing to do with you feeling comfortable working out, it's not a bar it's a workout facility. LIke the young girl that was told her clothes were what got her raped some years back, no matter what a woman wears she should not be accused of anything being her fault.

So please be careful of blaming yourself. There are many people in this world that use the word 'Christian' and it means something completely different to them than to another... some hide behind it and act out.

Sally