Help a 5'2 girl lose 10-15lbs!

Options
I'm at my worst weight - it's not even the number that bothers me, it's the way I look. Of course all the fat is the weight, but I need help to lose it!

Around 2 weeks ago, I was at 126lbs and I remember two years ago, I was around 108! My goal is to at least attempt 5 lbs. It's been hard because I've been trying to lose 1lb a week and so far, there hasn't been much result/not even FEELING any thinner. I know it takes some time, but I need some motivation or anyone who has been in this situation to help me through it.

So far I've been going to the gym or even running on the track along with weight/strength exercise 9 times out of the 13 days since I've started. I also have been using myfitnesspal to track my food intake.

Advice? Maybe what to eat? What to exercise? How long did it take you to notice change? (a month?) How long did you keep up with a healthy lifestyle to get to your goal?

Replies

• spazzyabbey
    Options
    I'm in the same boat -- 5'1" and 121 pounds, and feeling like I look the worst I've ever looked. It's only been a week for me; I'm aiming for 15 pounds.

I think it's harder to lose when you're close to your target weight. There are days when I can't get to the treadmill or the gym, and without exercise I can't make much of a dent in my calorie intake without dropping below the BMR minimum. Mostly I figure on those days, at least I'm not losing ground.

So I can't give you any advice yet, but I can sympathize!
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, ladies! I'm 5'0, weigh 124, and am NOT HAPPY with the way I look. I know I'm not overweight so sometimes I feel bad complaining when there are others that have so much more to lose. Do you ever hear, "You're already little...you don't have any weight to lose?" I hate that....

Anyway, I've been at this for almost 6 weeks now and have lost 6 pounds but I'm not really noticing any changes in how my clothes fit. Everyone has told me it's a lot harder when you don't have much to lose. So...keep at it, exercise, watch what you eat...we'll get there!

Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • MissMay87
    MissMay87 Posts: 76
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 25, 5'0, eat around 1400 cals/day but will be bumping that number up soon because I'm getting close to my goal. I lift weights 3 days/week and do cardio 3-5 days/week. My diary is far from perfect, but feel free to have a look at it. I'm still fairly new to this as well. Good luck :)
  • spazzyabbey
    Options
    It's true, people are -not- sympathetic when (relatively) small people say they want to lose weight -- maybe they think it's a backwards way of fishing for compliments? But I always feel like, being short, every extra pound shows up double !

But, 6 pounds in 6 weeks is great progress, even if it isn't visible YET. Kudos to you!
  • gaveupheart
    gaveupheart Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6 lbs. I was doing really well, but lost my routine when I went on vacation. But now I'm back and trying to do this again!! My goal is still another 10 lbs but really trying to FEEL fit and fit into my clothes a bit better.
  • Tetonia
    Tetonia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am much the same, was down to my goal 2 years ago, then gained back 15 pounds.

I am now currently 2 months into my program, eating on track, exercising really well with weights and cardio. The problem is the small amount of calories to work with, it's really easy to be over 1400 at the end of the day for me.

I am 5' 2", 47 years old, and I am tiny. Everyone asks why I am working out so much... "You are already thin..." I started two months ago at 123 and currently I am 118. The goal is to be at 115 by the end of the year but I will be thrilled with being more fit and strong. My results are showing!

Please friend me if you would like some support, I could use some myself. I log every day, eat clean, and exercise daily. Maybe we can help each other.
  • cazzy22
    Options
    It's true, people are -not- sympathetic when (relatively) small people say they want to lose weight -- maybe they think it's a backwards way of fishing for compliments? But I always feel like, being short, every extra pound shows up double !

But, 6 pounds in 6 weeks is great progress, even if it isn't visible YET. Kudos to you!

I totally know how you feel! I'm only 4'10 (very small lol) and its so annoying when people say oh your so small already! But like you say when you put on the pounds when your smaller in height it really does show :/