Yet another Fitbit question

Options
I just got my Fitbit 2 days ago. Yesterday when I synced at the end of the day I had more credit for calories burned than today. I guess I'm just confused I didn't workout but my steps were over 5000 and my calories burned were over 2000 for the day. Yesterday was higher but close to what I did today, so why were the numbers recorded so much lower? I have been reading the other posts but I'm still confused. Also, when recording on my workout days, do I record under cardio will that make me double my calories. HELP I really like this thing but I want to have accurate data. :ohwell:

Replies

• CaramelAngel247
    Options
    I know how you feel. I use a body meda armband and websites never calculate my workouts the same.
    I will leave for my walk at a certain time and then when I come home I log on and check and my armband will report that I burned 795 calories between x time and y time while on my 5 mile walk but online will tell me that I only burned 575 calories.

Then I realized that these calculators tend to use two seperate things to figure your calorie burn your Basal Metaolic Rate and your physical activity. So I did burn 600 on my worout but I would've burned 200 sitting on my butt anyway. At the end of the day the numbers usally balance because they add that 600 to my BMR to reach and 3100 burned and my armband will say the same for a total.

I don't know if fitbit works the same or not but I know how you feel about your numbers being a little off.
    My armbad says I burned 800 caories so I want credit for all of it not just 600!!!!!!!!!
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand your question but are you saying that yesterday at the end of the day you saw a value over 2000 and now today in the middle of the day you see a much smaller value? If so, that's because your BMR is accruing across the whole day. You can't compare yesterday's total to today's value 2/3 through the day.

If that's not it, please give us more info so we can help. :smile: