Paris or London

Options
denton
denton Posts: 14 Member
My hope is to return to Paris in the next few years with my family. My son and I have been learning with Rosetta Stone. What I really want to do is renew my wedding vows. Honestly, I enjoyed London more than Paris. It seemed less crowded and cleaner. Perhaps I won't go to either. Instead, we can head to Normandy....

It's all wishful thinking right now ;) In the meantime, I have these images to take me back for a few moments http://www.cafepress.com/universalstory

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Normandy is beautiful! But it can be dreary. I remember going there years ago, and it rained most of the time. It was beautiful but somber, so it fit well with the D Day museums and memorials we visited.

If you go, be sure to see Mount St. Michel! It inspired the castle in the movie Tangled. Giverny is amazing if you're a fan of art history-Monet's home is still there as well as the pond of water lilies that inspired his paintings.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I *adore* London... but I may be biased because I've never been to Paris.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    Options
    Paris, hands down.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Would LOVE to see either one...
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    :noway: ..........I pick NYC haha
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Why not do both? With the Euro Star and cheap flights it's perfectly viable.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Never been to Paris, didn't care too much for London. Love Italy and Scotland...disparate I know but I love both, Scotland more though. People are so nice there!! Food is way better than British food!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I find both Paris and London to be crowded, dirty, expensive cities. That said, they are both full of wonderful things to see and do!
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Definitely London - cleaner, and more friendly, and with the Olympics & Jubilee this year, has been well done-up:drinker: , then "pop" down to Cornwall to climb the British St Michael's Mount, which doesn't have all the hawkers and con artists of the French version!

http://www.stmichaelsmount.co.uk/
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Definitely London. People are so much nicer and its way cleaner than Paris.
  • maritsa88
    maritsa88 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    LONDON! it's the mecca of all. i had the greatest time of my life! i've never been so much happy before!
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Live in England (I'm American) so I love London but I also LOVE France!! As far as the big cities go, they are both great fun with so much to see but if you go make sure you get out to the country as well...stunning!!! (English countryside better I think but French food is so yummy!!) Do both!!!!!!!!!
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    London is the place to be!!
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm just back from Paris, it's my third trip there and I love , love, love it. Don't like London very much.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    London's clean now with the Olympics making its way here! I could be biased because I'm a Londoner :p I have family in Paris and hate going there every single time. I've only seen about 2 sites (Sacre Coeur and Eiffel Tower), despite going there every summer -_-
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Never been to Paris, didn't care too much for London. Love Italy and Scotland...disparate I know but I love both, Scotland more though. People are so nice there!! Food is way better than British food!

Scotland is part of Britain therefore serves British food!!! lol though I do think it is where you eat that counts rather than a particular country's style and Scotland does have plenty of good food serving local food (England does too if you look for it)
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Definitely London....I found Paris to be too dirty and full of people coming up to you begging for money
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options

Scotland is part of Britain therefore serves British food!!! lol

^^^ ha ha. Also I'm British and even I agree that a lot of British food is awful

I should be biased and say London (I live up North of the UK but love London) however I have also always wanted to go to Paris. It's really just down to you.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I like Paris outside of the summer months. Very seriously considering skipping a few weeks of uni next year so I can go in April or September rather than July like we're planning. And a week in Paris doesn't just mean a week in Paris. There are plenty of day trips (either tour groups or if you've a decent amount of French, on your own) that mean you can explore the surrounding area and leave the slightly overwhelming atmosphere behind, returning in the evening to good nightlife. Well, depending on how old your son is.

London's also awesome! Can you split the holiday? It would be so hard to choose.
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    I live in London, and I would choose Paris! But to be fair, it would obviously be very different as a tourist to living here every day. London has been done up a lot with the Olympics coming here, but it also means that at the moment there are SO MANY PEOPLE. EVERYWHERE. But even on an average day, from my own experience I'd say there are more people around in London, and Paris seemed nicer to me. But obviously it is your choice, if you could split the holiday that's be the perfect answer :)