Brownies!!

mccbabe1
mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
so im sitting here having some really yummy fresh cold cut up watermelon!.. mm.. yet all i want are the brownies
(mix) in my cabinet... LOL :/" reduced guilt" mix.. add the applesauce vsoil.. but ugh i wont stop at one i'm sure! (130 cals a brownie)... guess i'll keep on watermelon patrol... whaaaaaaa, lol.. anybody been there?

Replies

• paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Ooo yeh, right now I am eating a perfectly delicious orange but am fantasizing about cheesecake....
  • Meamo
    Meamo Posts: 89 Member
    confessions: I was making brownies every week, sometimes 2 times a week. for a month. then I came back to MFP and with my open diary...lol. I just had to take a break. I quit cold turkey! good luck!:ohwell:
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    yes... but I am at work... and there are no brownies here
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    I have some pretty good Fiber One 90 cal brownies...those things are AMAZING!!! and curbs my want for chocolate!! :)
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    I have some pretty good Fiber One 90 cal brownies...those things are AMAZING!!! and curbs my want for chocolate!! :)

^ Exactly what I was going to say!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    i made homemade brownies today, but i made them for my hubby & my mother in law. I never ate one, and its even my cheat day! LOL!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    I ate a big plate of cakes and sweets at a wedding tonight. I stopped at just 1 plate :bigsmile:
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    The biggest problem is.... Yup no way can you stop at one. What to do? i had to quit buying any baking stuff at all. Mixes, flour, anything! :ohwell: there's a recipe for brownies made with Black Beans! No kidding! They're good! They have less calories, sugar, fat, what have you. I can't remember the source, but I've got it off Google before.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    I have some bite size brownies I'm eating...never mind the sushi and beer from earlier.
  • mccbabe1
    The biggest problem is.... Yup no way can you stop at one. What to do? i had to quit buying any baking stuff at all. Mixes, flour, anything! :ohwell: there's a recipe for brownies made with Black Beans! No kidding! They're good! They have less calories, sugar, fat, what have you. I can't remember the source, but I've got it off Google before.

oh wow.. yeah this is a 'reduced guilt' mix from trader joes.. 'no fat' applesauce vs oil.. and i went to make them!! and i noticed it had a 'single serving recipe!!! pretty cool.. and you just add 2tbs of the dry mix and one tbsp of applesauce.. and was one serving 130 cals. not bad!!! and i added half a sundae up (40 cals)...
    yeah my friend on ww told me about the black bean recipe.. but she said it was reg mix and u add black beans instead of oil/egg... but black eans are high cal hto.. hmmm ill check tho.. thanks!
  • mccbabe1

^ Exactly what I was going to say!

thanks.. maybe i'll try those!!!
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Definitely a weakness for me, but I can't just stop buying that stuff. I have a very skinny husband and my 7 yr old granddaughter and her mommy live with us. I bake for them, and just have to use my willpower. I'll eat one, but that's it.

There was a recipe to make a low fat cake using an angel food cake mixed with a regular cake mix. I wonder how that would work for brownies? You bake it a serving at a time as well.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    If I ever want cookies/cupcakes whatever, I always just divide the recipe by however many servings it serves and then just make enough for one cookie/one cupcake (:
  • Jason67o48
    Jason67o48 Posts: 87
    I make these kick *kitten* Brownies made with white kidney beans. It's a "green light" recipe from the G.I. Diet book.
    If you ever want to try it out, goggle "Pecan Brownie GI Diet" by Rick Gallop. I make a modified version of this recipe by adding 1 scoop of choc whey protein powder. 160 cal per bar or you can cut it up into more than 8 bars to lower the cal count.
  • sissie2955
    sissie2955 Posts: 47
    What is the brand you have found at trader joes? I need a healthy fix. Ihave a recipe for the black bean ones with coconut oil but just not sure. and since you said you can do single serving that may be a great idea!!
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    I would do filthy, dirty things with a pan of brownies...
  • Meamo
    Meamo Posts: 89 Member
    tried the fiberone 90 cal brownies today! not bad! pleasant surprise! not homemade but will do and way less calories than baking those other ones! I will reap the benefits from this switch! good luck everyone.
  • mccbabe1
    tried the fiberone 90 cal brownies today! not bad! pleasant surprise! not homemade but will do and way less calories than baking those other ones! I will reap the benefits from this switch! good luck everyone.

ok cool!!! yeah ive heard that a few times from peeps.. time for me to go to target and get some! :drinker:
  • mccbabe1
    I make these kick *kitten* Brownies made with white kidney beans. It's a "green light" recipe from the G.I. Diet book.
    If you ever want to try it out, goggle "Pecan Brownie GI Diet" by Rick Gallop. I make a modified version of this recipe by adding 1 scoop of choc whey protein powder. 160 cal per bar or you can cut it up into more than 8 bars to lower the cal count.

interesting! cool.. thanks Jason
  • Dianaorta
    Dianaorta Posts: 1
    Try making bean brownies, the are great with not all the guilt:)