Students-Lets See your Before and after (18-25)

Options
2»

Replies

• orangefour
    orangefour Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Being a college student shouldn't have much affect on your ability to lose the weight. There will always be people in your life that will tempt you to eat or drink things that aren't healthy for you. You will trade the busy-ness of school for the busy-ness of work. You just have to make working out and eating healthy a priority in your life. A one hour work out is only 4% of your day. You can do it as long as you make it important. :smile:

I am 20 years old and a full time student, I took 5 classes last semester and still managed to end the year 72 pounds lighter (and with 4 A's and a B). Anything is possible as long as you work hard for it!

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was 19 when I started my weight loss. I did the Atkins diet for about 2 years and went from 225 to 160 (65 pounds) and stuck there for a while. Here's my Atkins before after (didn't do the best job documenting this).

26852_382921757796_1005295_n.jpg
    (not sure how to imbed, hope that worked)

This is a semi-before and after as you see. The start picture I wasn't at my absolute heaviest, it was taken the summer after I graduated high school.

179215_485696762796_5888345_n.jpg

This is me at my heaviest (on the vacation where I realized I needed to lose weight) and the day I started Nursing School (the lightest that Atkins took me) from about a size 18 pants to a size 10.

Okay so halfway through nursing school, I was maintaining but I met a girl that was really into fitness and she told me about insanity so I did insanity and lost 20 pounds in June of 2011, down to about 145. Here's the best I have for after on that:

380813_10150439010612797_818334579_n.jpg

I sincerely wish I'd taken measurements, etc. I was more just working out for the stress relief, nursing school was hectic and crazy.
    After nursing school I did regain weight, only about 15 pounds but my size 6 jeans don't fit and my 8 jeans are getting really tight and uncomfortable, I am opposite of a lot of people in happy times I gain weight and in stressful times I lose weight - I got married and I'm super happy now but I'm learning to balance myself out of school/stress/in happy times.

Now I'm doing turbo fire and I have only done a week and I lost an inch off my waist and one and a half inches off my hips. I'm really excited about it. Just for fun, here is a progression picture from (sort of) beginning to end)

396536_10150445163432797_568759282_n.jpg
    (here's the link for that photo, because it's stretching the bandwidth http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/396536_10150445163432797_568759282_n.jpg)

The first is about 3 months after I started Atkins, the last was after finishing insanity. My husband (boyfriend then) gained weight in the middle photos, but lost it with the treadmill [=

Sorry this was long, I just have lots of pictures and I'm pretty proud, I worked my butt off literally. =D

Your story is inspiring!!! :):)

Well Done!!!
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 5'4" and I'm turning 20 on February 2nd.

At my highest weight I was 151lbs (I don't have any pictures from back then) and that was when I was 17. I lost about 6lbs on my own, very slowly, over the course of a couple of years.

When I started on MyFitnessPal (properly) in January 2012 I was 145lbs. Here is a picture of me at (roughly) that weight:

America2_zps6a818a4b-1_zpse1a1e14b.jpg

Now, 1 year later, I am 118lbs (I was 115 before Christmas, though - oops)

photo4_zps7242482b-1_zps954c8f05.jpg

How did I do it? By keeping my NET calories between 1,200 - 1,500 every day (except in April and May when I fell off the wagon, so I could have actually lost even more if not for that). It's that simple. I didn't bother exercising much because of busy University schedule, which is why I look so puny. Currently trying to tone up by using weights for only about 20-40 minutes per day (not every day), and eating a lot of protein. That's about it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!