nonfat plain yogurt?

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I know you can make smoothies with this stuff, but what else do you do with nonfat plain yogurt?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    -use it as a substitue for sour cream.
    -make homeade frozen yogurt (add frozen berries, honey and yogurt in a food processor)
    -Eat it on its own or add fresh berries/fruit
  • hollymires
    Options
    * 1 (16 ounce) container low-fat plain yogurt
    * 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and grated
    * 1 clove garlic, minced
    * 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
    * 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
    * 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    * salt and pepper to taste

I use greek nonfat yogurt for this. So yummy!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Personally I use nonfat Vanilla. Gives it a better taste. I use it as a substitute in baking (for eggs) and use it in my apple salad....

apples, grapes, 1c vanilla non-fat yogurt, a tiny bit of coconut, a tiny bit of pecans (or whatever kind of nut you like), throw in a few marshmallows.... yummy! :)
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I add Bare Naked Granola to mine, they have different kinds but I get the fruit and nut. Then you can add berries, strawberries, etc.. It's so good. Almost like a parfait. :drinker:
  • Trina22
    Trina22 Posts: 22
    Options
    I like Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt. The cup is only 90 calories. I put it on a Kashi whole grain waffle and top with fruit for a really filling breakfast. If you want to sweeten it naturally you could sprinke Truvia or another stevia sweetener on it.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Tsatziki sauce :love:

Just add grated cucumbers and garlic and eat with pita bread. If you're not having carbs you can put it on grilled meat/chicken. Depending on the kind of yogurt you got you might want to drain it through cheesecloth for a few hours to thicken it up.
  • emkay617
    Options
    i use FAGE 0% to make veggie dips!
  • TJFreeman
    Options
    I use Oikos or Fage 0% Greek Yogurt. Sometimes I just sprinkle some sweetener of my choice in it and eat it plain, sometimes I add berries, nuts, etc. Greek yogurt is PACKED full of protein, so it makes a great snack before your workout.
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    I mix mine with my plain oatmeal to give it some taste.
    I also use it as a substitute for eggs in recipes, especially cakes and quick breads.
  • TJFreeman
    Options
    What is the amount you should use to substitute it for eggs? That is an excellent idea!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I mix it with bulk granola in the mornings for breakfast. It's also good with some apple butter stirred in.

I also occasionally use it when I make curries (mix 1 part yogurt with 1 part whole wheat flour for a rue-like substance to thicken them up).