Running injury question

Options
Hi all

I had to terminate my run early today following an emergency sidestep to avoid the attentions of a large dog, which resulted in a sharp twinge in the front of my thigh that got worse if I tried to run on it. A couple of hours later I've got no pain in it - my remedy was going to be a day's rest and a gentle run on Tuesday. Does that sound about right?

TIA!

Replies

• MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Baby it a little. Some ice, Advil for any inflammation...the usual drill.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i would probably add ice and asprin to healing regime and maybe add another day of rest. if it feels funny when you try running on it, then see a doctor to make sure you didn't pull something.. hope you heal swiftly
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Will ice it and take some pills and see how I get on. Bloomin' dogs!
  • JBHawaii
    JBHawaii Posts: 94
    Options
    Hot/cold treatments and NSAIDs. The best thing though is to just listen to your body. If you hurt then stop! I started to have small pains in my feet which ended up developing into massive tendon strains... I couldn't even walk! So don't push yourself too hard, listen to your leg, let it heal, and then run on! Good luck :)