Are these foods good?

Options
So there are a couple foods on my bad list that I'm not quite sure belong there. I don't really know how they got there in the first place and I don't want to be missing out on them if I don't have to. So here they are:

Bananas
Steak
Potatoes (I come from a very irish family so this one really hurts to miss)
Cheese
Milk
Anything out of a box (what about those healthy meals that are like 200 cal heat-in-the-microwave things)
Pasta
Garlic bread

Okay I think thats it. Now Im not saying I never eat this stuff, but I feel like crap when I do. Should I feel so guilty? Thank you :)

Replies

• Rhondavous64
    Options
    Good morning! Other than Bananas having quite a bit of carbs, I don't think you should eliminate these things completely. Eating doesn't make us fat, deprivation does. (not saying you or anyone would binge but it's not unheard of) Allow controlled quantities of these things. I've always hear everything in moderation.
    So there are a couple foods on my bad list that I'm not quite sure belong there. I don't really know how they got there in the first place and I don't want to be missing out on them if I don't have to. So here they are:

Bananas
    Steak
    Cheese
    Milk
    Anything out of a box (what about those healthy meals that are like 200 cal heat-in-the-microwave things)
    Pasta
    Garlic bread

Okay I think thats it. Now Im not saying I never eat this stuff, but I feel like crap when I do. Should I feel so guilty? Thank you :)
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Bananas
    Steak
    Cheese
    Milk
    Pasta
    Garlic bread

Im still learning myself so will just tell you what I got told myself recently

Steak - if grilled and remove all fat then it can be good
    Potatoes - okay in small portions - but if you can switch to sweet potatoes that be better for you
    Milk - Me personaly stick to semi skimmed or skimmed with my cerial
    Box - if your in a rush and cant cook that day its okay better than takeaway, but dont rely on them everyday
    Pasta - okay in small portions but again if you can change to whole meal even better x
  • keirakavanagh
    keirakavanagh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) That make my life so much easier, Im chowing on a banana as we speak :)
  • lewist90
    lewist90 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    in all honesty any food can be considered healthy aslong as they fit within your macro's. as long at the end of your day you havnt massively gone over on Carbs, Protein or Fat then feel free to enjoy whatever. But to be more helpful, the list of foods you supplied are healthy in terms of they are whole foods and not overly processed (minus the microwave one) so eat up :)
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Pre-packaged garlic bread isn't the best. Try making your own, although you can get low-calorie versions.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Bananas
    Steak
    Cheese
    Milk
    Pasta
    Garlic bread

U feel crap eating fruit, meat, potatoes....? What do u eat? Grass???
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with those foods. The microwave meals aren't the best choice, but they are better then fast food if you are really in a pinch.

But the banana, steak, pasta, garlic bread etc can all be enjoyed guilt free. You can make them healthier too, whole wheat pasta, make your own garlic bread so you can control the amount of butter on it, sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options

Bananas
    Steak
    Cheese
    Milk
    Pasta
    Garlic bread

I don't believe in a "bad" list of foods. Food is good. I love bananas; I eat two or three a week. I love steak. So I grill a really nice sirloin, slice it thin and use small portions in stir fry or on salads so I get some grilled meat taste instead of a giant piece of meat at one time. Women need calcium. I'm not a big milk drinker, but I buy 1% add a tablespoon of reduced sugar chocolate syrup and drink a glass a few times a week. A potato without all the stuff we normally douse them with is a nutritious food. But i have also come to adore baked sweet potato fries. I eat string cheese every day and small portions of other cheeses as fit into my calories. Again, good source of calcium. I don't eat too much pasta, but cook whole grain pasta from time to time and toss with basil and tomatoes and chicken. Garlic bread isn't the problem either. Figure out how to make the taste you want without too much butter.

Do try to avoid the boxed stuff. I might keep a couple around for an emergency, but it's not healthy food. Real food eaten in moderation within a well- balanced diet is all good. And sustainable for life, I might add.