Need one person to give encouragement this a.m.

Options
2»

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I agree. Whenever I find myself getting depressed, or anxious, or angry, I remind myself of something I am grateful for. It doesn't always work with the first thought, but it can work if you keep at it. It can work miraculously.
  • TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Options
    :bigsmile: Be strong!! Don't let someone or something else ruin your success! You are worth being happy and succeeding. Focus on something positive about the situation. Drink water, munch on something healthy. Believe in YOU! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • Alish1974
    Alish1974 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I find myself dreading something and getting ready to act out by eating, or getting angry, etc. I try to change the thoughts I tell myself to a feeling of gratitude...Such as "oh god my father-in-law is coming over, ughhh...." changes to "I am grateful that my family is alive and wanting to spend time with me, some people have no family left or their family does not keep in touch".... I know its dorky, but it really helps me. Changing the thoughts, changes the feelings and hence changes the behavior. Just gotta believe it..

I also love this. It's a great way to think and be. You can do this because you are in control.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Log a snack and only have those foods available to serve your guest. If you don't have unhealthy foods in front of you to choose from, you won't be as tempted to indulge. Or exercise beforehand so you have a calorie buffer for extra goodies.

The biggest obstacle is the desire to eat for comfort. Landing face first in a pile of junk will not fix the strain of a relationship.
  • marymickaela
    marymickaela Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I find that I also turn to food for comfort. Only problem is the next day I look in the mirror and ask myself "why". I've been working so hard to get to this point and it's so not worth that one day, that one moment. Think, "this too will pass". Take it one minute at a time and remember this post to give you strength.

Mary