looking for a hundred push ups challenge buddy

Options
I keep starting this challenge and not seeing it through:sad: so....now I want a buddy!!!:smile: I need someone who will keep me accountable. If anyone is interested then lets do this together!!! I figure we can start on Monday?? We can start sooner if you'd like...I just need some assistance...

If you don't know about the hundredpushup challenge, go to http://hundredpushups.com/ to get the training schedule.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    I'll be your buddy! I was planning on starting Monday too. I am also doing the squats and sit ups challenges.

This is my last week of Couch to 5K. So, it's about time for me to start involving some strength training.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    If you guys like workout vidoes the Firm videos are excellent for getting you into shape and you really see results soon!!!!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    If you guys like workout vidoes the Firm videos are excellent for getting you into shape and you really see results soon!!!!

I love the FIRM videos I just can't find the time to do them...it's hard to get in a 50 min workout most days of the week. Plus right now my fibro is flaring up and a workout that intense would kill me. But I plan on working back up to it!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started fiddling with pushups with this challenge in mind last week. Last night I stopped by to visit my parents while I was travelling through their town for work and my stepfather bet me $50 I would NEVER be able to do 100 consecutive "real" pushups. $50 isn't much money, but the fact that he was so serious about me *never* being able to do it is pretty good incentive. :wink:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: i wish i could say iM in but i can only do about 2 iM working ont the firm so next challenge iLL be with you.good luck keep up the good work
  • aeswan
    aeswan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've started before also and not finished, so I'd love to have some buddies for it.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    They actually have 20 min workouts as well if you can't do the 50 min. I have two sets and I love it when i don't have time.
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this site. I went and checked it out.

I did the initial test and the first day. I'm looking forward to challenging myself with this goal!

Sent it to my BFFs! Won't they be happy with Me :) Isn't that what friends are supposed to do?

So, is that your sister or your BF in the photo of you?
  • leedabeeda
    leedabeeda Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll be your buddy too! My goal is to lose 15 lbs by December 31, 2009, and I'll take all the help I can get!:smile:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    So, is that your sister or your BF in the photo of you?

It's my sister :happy:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I also sent this challenge to my friends and family!!! None of them appreciated it but I'm making my nieces do it anyway :laugh: !!! So are we all in agreement to start on monday?? Should we start a new thread for check ins or do we want to stay with this thread?? Just let me know and thanks to everyone for participating!!! :tongue: :happy: :bigsmile:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Well I think you & your sister are very beautiful ladies!

I'd call the Topic "The Push Up Challenge" Or "The Push Up Buddies" because if we start on Monday then you aren't still looking for a buddy. But that said, I would still keep it open to people who want to join.

Oh, I'm making my husband do it!
  • aeswan
    Options
    Monday sounds good to me. Gives me a little time to get myself psyched up for it:tongue:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    GREAT!!!!! :bigsmile: Monday it is and I'll call the topic "Push up buddies!!! I'll post the link to it on Friday!!! Let's all get psyched up!! :tongue:
  • aeswan
    Options
    I'm getting excited! Did I miss the link on Friday?

Just to put it out there, I'm starting at the bottom... can barely do two push ups right now, so I'll be starting on column 1 tomorrow!
  • leshawnturner
    Options