Which piece of exercise equipment would YOU buy?

Options

Replies

• rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I have a nice elliptical. I love it but it does take up a lot of room. During the summer months I prefer to go out and walk. When it gets colder I use the elliptical more.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Only one piece of equipment? Power rack for sure. If you want to do cardio you can always go outside and run. No replacement for a good power rack though.
    Definitely this. With an Olympic weight bar set. Also I need a bicycle.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I too would choose the power rack! It would have to have the barbell and weights along with it though or it wouldn't be much use (apart from the pull up bit)

From the list of cardio stuff I'd probably choose the treadmill. I already have an elliptical and don't think much of it!!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Something else?

Squat rack, bench & olympic weight set & a nice room to store it all in :) YAY.

^^^^^This.

Yep
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Something else?

^^^^^This.

Agreed. LOL.

But it depends on the person - whatever keeps you motivated.
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    bench and dumbbell set
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine and dumbbells. All I need as far as equipment goes!
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    More kettlebells...and a basement ceiling high enough to do snatches & overhead presses throughout the winter months.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Something else?

Russ
    ^^^ this
  • MrsVerhaeghe
    MrsVerhaeghe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would buy the elliptical! I definitely want one because I have a treadmill. I just enjoy the elliptical a lot more!
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    Definitely an elliptical. I have knee issues and can't take the pounding on the treadmill very long. I just can't get my heart rate up enough on bikes. With the eliiptical, I feel I get a really good cardio workout.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Another vote for rack and barbell
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Something else?

^^^^^This.

Agreed. LOL.

But it depends on the person - whatever keeps you motivated.

DITTO...but only bec' I look a fool at he gym :)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    an elliptical will give you the best all-round cardio workout, but I am going to buy a treadmill so i can continue running during the VILE british weather from october through august.

I despise the idea of running indoors on a belt and not 'going' anywhere, but it's that or nothing.
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i got a stationary bike with good reviews and i like it very much! had it for 4+ months now
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have a bike, rowing machine and a machine called leg magic... i had an elliptical but sold it. I could spend hours on it, and my heart rate would never increase so I gave up with it and figured it wasn't doing any good!
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    given current space restrictions, probably another vote for kettlebells.
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If I had the scratch, I would buy a gym-quality elliptical. The stride length on even the nicest home ones that I have tried do not have a long enough stride length.
  • future_runner
    future_runner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Personally I would buy an elliptical bc you can't duplicate it elsewhere. I like to run, but prefer to do it outside which can be down right unsafe sometimes in Texas. I have a bike and enjoy that, but would not personally get a great workout from a stationary bike. I need a spin instructor haha. And stairmaster, I just dont really like them. Plus you could go to a parking garage and run those stairs or high school and do a good workout on the stadium. There is nothing that really duplicates the calorie burn and low impact of an elliptical though.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I allready have a squat rack that turns into a bench , etc.. So I would get an eliptical machine for my house.... the one I want is the same one my gym has and is about $5,000.00 so my gym membership is $9.00 per month, maybe I should talk to an accountant to see if buying one makes sense, LOL

But if I could get one I would use it alot right at home :)