How do I log kettlebell training?

I'm not sure what particular 'type' of excercise Jillian Michaels- Shred it (kettlebell) is considered. I'm trying to log the bit i've done so far today and have no idea how to.... there was some cardio, but other than that, i'm lost. Someone help me pleaseeeee. :embarassed:

Replies

• Krebeccaa
    Krebeccaa Posts: 7
    I would suggest a calorie tracker along with timing how long your working out. If it's not already in the exercise tracker I would say, make your own!
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    bump, want to know also
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    For me, the most accurate way to log exercise has been to use a HRM with a chest strap for a few months. After that, I got a feel for what I burned during various activities and now I use that knowledge to help me estimate.

Good luck!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    I would suggest a calorie tracker along with timing how long your working out. If it's not already in the exercise tracker I would say, make your own!

Rats! This is what I was afraid of, I don't have a calorie tracker :( I did about 30 mins of it tho....along with some p90x....thank you for your help!
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    maybe as circut training? I am doing a bootcamp with a lot of Kettleball excerises and always log it as that.
  • ilovemybuggy
    For me, the most accurate way to log exercise has been to use a HRM with a chest strap for a few months. After that, I got a feel for what I burned during various activities and now I use that knowledge to help me estimate.

Good luck!

How much are those, and where can I get one?? Wal mart- maybe ? lol i feel like such a dummy right now.
  • ilovemybuggy
    maybe as circut training? I am doing a bootcamp with a lot of Kettleball excerises and always log it as that.

Thank you!! :)
  • Krebeccaa
    Krebeccaa Posts: 7
    Don't feel like a dummy. We're ALL here for the same reason. To support each other through our journeys.. Keep asking questions and sharing. WE need you.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Don't feel like a dummy. We're ALL here for the same reason. To support each other through our journeys.. Keep asking questions and sharing. WE need you.

awww, thank you!! :)
  • mama2mila
    mama2mila Posts: 92
    I log my workouts as circuit training when I'm doing anything with a kettle bell, weights, squats/lunges, 3-count-bodybuilders, etc.
  • http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp seems to be 20 calories burned per minute. Myself, I log it as 10 calories burned per minute which is still an awesome burn.
  • ilovemybuggy
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp seems to be 20 calories burned per minute. Myself, I log it as 10 calories burned per minute which is still an awesome burn.

THANK YOU!!! That's a huge help :)
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    I use my heart rate monitor and track it that way. I LOVE that workout.
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Great questions. Not being a dummy..I got mine from Target but yes, they sell them at Walmart too..make sure you get one with a Chest strap.
  • Rklane
    Rklane Posts: 42 Member
    I do a kettlebell bootcamp 4 days a week. I average 9-10 calories a minute depending on what we are doing. Higher if it is snatches or swings verses lower if it is rows or presses. Also depends on the force and weight you are using. Love my kettlebells!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Great questions. Not being a dummy..I got mine from Target but yes, they sell them at Walmart too..make sure you get one with a Chest strap.

Awesome, thank you! Will be getting one tonight :) well, as long as I have enough money lol
  • WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 160 Member
    HRM with a chest strap is definitely the way to, then I just log it as the default kettlebell entry in MFP and adjust the calories to what my HRM measured. Good luck!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    I log my workouts as circuit training when I'm doing anything with a kettle bell, weights, squats/lunges, 3-count-bodybuilders, etc.

^^Same here!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    When I do the Shred it With Weights video, I just log it as circuit training.