Disneyland/Vacation HELP

Options
OK, I leave for Disneyland (Disnyeland, CA Adventure & San Deigo Zoo actually) in two weeks and I need help with two things.

1. Has anyone been there recently? (I haven't been since I was 12). Are their any healthy choices to be made at the park? Any time I can bring my own food I will but when out and about I need ideas for healthy choices. I plan on doing oatmeal, fruit & egg white omlette's for breakfast...it's lunch and dinner I'm worried about.

2. Worse case senario...I gain 5lbs when I return....What tips do you have for getting right back into it? I'm really worried that the trip will then go into Halloween, then into Thanksgiving/Birthday, then Christmas and then I'll start the New Year at my old weight.:angry:

Any helpful tips are much appreciated:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    lol...i knew that was you posting as soon as i saw disneyland!!

I haven't been lately or ever, but i know they have like sit down type restaurants. If you do that it would be easier to pick healthy stuff verses the concession type food that will be everywhere. Bringing a cooler with healthy snacks/bars will help too. Drink lots of water! Don't waste calories on sugary drinks! You will be burning a buttload of calories walking around all day everyday! Don't try to stress too much. Hey, if you can't get online while your there, write everything down and then come back and log it. Log 6 to 8 hours of casual walking and see how many calories it burns!! Even if you do get back and see that you gained just jump back on the wagon. As far as the holidays go, you know my plan. I have three days to eat whatever i want! halloween, thanksgiving, and christmas! i'm not doing leftovers! but having that to look forward too helps. just keep your eye on the prize!!!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I have not been to San Diego Zoo , but I go to Disneyland every year. Disneyland sells fruit (very expensive) They also have Salads, sandwiches, and grilled chicken. I find them to be very expensive. There is a subway, down the road from the hotels on the same road as Disneyland , a Denny's and other such places on that same road. Honestly, my husband and I bring our own apples into Disneyland, and we leave for lunch. We usually get a hotel that has a fridge. I hope this helps. By the way there is a resturaunt, that advertises great prices for children. I think it is a buffet. It is by the IHOP which is right across the street from the entrance into Disneyland when you are coming from the Hotels on Harbour Blvd. I can not remember the name but we ate there years ago and we have never been back... Just a little advice. I hope you enjoy your trip. I love, love, love, Disneyland. If you have small children they will Love the Nemo ride so cute...The buzz light year ride is fun too. Oh I could go on and on. You will be walking soooooooo mUch I do not think you will have to worry about gaining weight.

By the way every year that I go, I do not "diet" and I maintain my weight. The amount of walking is the key. We do not stay at the resorts hotels we stay on Harbour blvd. Where all the hotels (not disney) are located and it takes us 10-15 minutes to get to the park, then you are walking around the park for 10-12 hours a day.. then you are walking back and forth between the parks. You will also probably walk around downtown Disney where there are shops and resturaunts. I am so excited for you now I want to go to Disneyland. We were going to skip our usual Feb. trip next year. :sad: Because we are going to the Grand Canyon in April. I am going to miss it in 2010.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    We were there in Feb...
    There are LOTS of healthy choices, sandwiches, fruits. we ended up eating on-site...YES it's very expensive, but for us it worked better than hauling food around.
    oh yeah...and walking miles and miles a day, you won't gain a pound!
    Cindy
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You made me feel much more at ease! All great tips!

:heart: Please, keep the tips coming!:heart:

Thanks again!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Anyone else??
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Getting more & more nervous as the day get's closer...any other ideas???
  • Momma2four
    Options
    relax and have fun. Also bring warm and hot clothes. I have been at Disneyland in Feb. and needed shorts. Usually, short sleeves in the day and a jacket at night. It is okay to go back to the hotel for a couple of hours and rest...We leave go to McDonalds have lunch then back to our Hotel for about an hour. We just seem to have a nicer time, especially if we are going to be there for several days. Wear comfortable shoes, lot's of walking. Have Fun!!!!!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    We were there in Feb...
    There are LOTS of healthy choices, sandwiches, fruits. we ended up eating on-site...YES it's very expensive, but for us it worked better than hauling food around.
    Cindy

I was going to say--the PRICES alone make for an excellent diet tool (you can't afford to overeat) :ohwell:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    We were there in Feb...
    Cindy

I was going to say--the PRICES alone make for an excellent diet tool (you can't afford to overeat) :ohwell:

AMEN to that!!! It's my In-laws 40th wedding anniversary and they are paying for the whole family to go and eat, etc..... Luckily they are pretty healthy so I hope not too many dinners out!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey, How was your vacation? Just wanted to hear about it.