Does anyone tried bodybugg or Wii fit?

Options
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if I should get Wii Fit or Body bugg from Apex i don't know what will work better at this point because i have a lot of weight to lose and i need someone to motivate me, since i don't have money for personal trainer i thought 200$ investment once is not going to hurt. But i got confused how these two things work? Does anyone ever had or have any of these?
Thank you

Replies

• wewe12
    wewe12 Posts: 79
    Options
    whats bodybug
  • bagaydina
    Options
    The bodybugg is calorie tracker system that is attached to your arm all the time and it tells you if you didn't burn enough calories of the day. You must ware it all the time as soon as you get out of bed b/c it starts counting then. Apex.com you can check it out
  • shellybelly83
    Options
    I had a bodybugg and loved it. If you honeslty wear it all the time, and honestly track your calories, you will lose the weight. It is so neat and the online food tracker is awesome. I went from 216 lbs to 160 with it. Watch the apex site for sale specials. Or you can buy a used one off ebay, just make sure the person gives you thier logon and password, otherwise you'd have to pay for the software prgram seperately.

I don't have Wii fit, but I haven't heard great things about it. IMO, I'd invest in the bodybugg.

Good luck!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit is tons of fun! My in laws have it, if it wasn't so darn expensive we'd probably get it! It's very addicting.
  • wewe12
    Options
    anywere else you can buy it like walmart and soo on
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    I lost my first 50 lbs using the Wii Fit alone. I feel like Nintendo saved my life. 17 months after getting it, I can now do 2 hours of serious cardio in my building's gym and I'm starting weight training. The Body bugg is only going to measure how well you are doing it is not going to give you anything to do in terms of activity.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Wow...those are two different items doing different things (can you buy both?)

Well....the bodybugg only you can use (for the most part) but a Wii Fit your whole family can take advantage of (especially when you can buy other games).

I would love to have a bodybugg but I have a hrm ...and that's good enough for me for tracking cals burned.

I enjoyed my Wii Fit for awhile.....but I kind of out grew it so now I use it as an expensive scale. However, the rest of my family uses the Wii for a lot of other games, so it's being well used. I really like My Fitness Coach on the Wii more so than the Wii Fit.
  • lanteik
    lanteik Posts: 25
    Options
    Maybe a dumb question... but how do you track calories burned with a HRM?
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Don't have the body bug but LOVE wii. The games that come with the Wii fit board are fun but not big calorie burners.

EA Active and Gold's Gym Cardio for the Wii are great and you do not need to have the Wii Fit Balance Board but could use it with them if you have it . I would suggest if you are trying to burn calories to skip buying the balance board and just get the EA active and if you can afford a second one now the Gold's Gym Cardio.

I also have My Personal Trainer but don't use it since I got the EA Active.

I heard Wii lowered their priced $50 too. Now is a good time to get it.

Good luck.
  • brwnsgr
    brwnsgr Posts: 78
    Options
    There is a forum about WII FIT, check it out, I personally love it, I have the WII FIt and WII FIt Plus and love both of them.

:happy:
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I would definitely opt for a Wii Fit Plus. They just released the newest version of the game along with a balance board for $99.

Check out my review on Wii Fit Plus-
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ianconway
  • Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you are new to exercise than the Wii fit may be beneficial to you, but for me it was BORING. After every exercise you perform you have to click "ok" a gazillion times. I did not find it to be a challenging workout at all, but I have been exercising for quite some time.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Same here Ded - it drove me nuts. I also don't appreciate the little "Center of balance" crap, or the pithy little "fitness tips".

Do a body test one morning, and you're up couple pound, and it asks you "Why have you gained weight?". Multiple choice answers like "snacking"-"eating too much"-"not enough exercise"... Well I want to tell the stupid thing """I'm up another pound because I blasted my body with 4 massive high intensity freeweights workouts and supplemented my diet with about a kilogram of raw protein this week - you insipid machine!!! I'm down another 1/2" on my waist and I have veins popping up on my shoulders where I've never seen them before and I'm in the best shape of my life and how dare you try to make me feel like I'm not bringing it!!!"""

Pheew, sorry about that. Anywho,,,

I hear that they fixed the menu issues with the Wii fit plus. Now you can set up a series of exercises and it'll rip you straight through them without all the cooldown time. I'm planning to pick the plus disk up this weekend.
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have a gowearfit, though it's a body bugg model. At any rate, I swear by it. It has been that one variable that has significantly increased my weight loss. It's definitely worth the purchase, if you are serious about losing the weight and sticking with it. I can actually see my deficit and when I get a 3500 calorie deficit, I lose a pound. It's all about the numbers and I live by them.
  • wewe12
    Options
    can you get the body bugg in walmart or anything that i can by at walmart canadien tired or zellers thats counts my calorie

please let me know
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Just saw this thread and had to say....I LOVE MY BODY BUGG!!!! It's awesome!! I also have Wii FIT and was addicted to it for awhile, but then it got old to me. I am, however, thinking of pulling it back out. It was fun!
  • wewe12
    Options
    does any one know anything i can get to to count my calorie al day almost like the body bugg but something i can get a zellers canadien tired or walmart that is cheaper then the body bugg
  • mpdpratima
    mpdpratima Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, I have done alot of research and I have only found the Bodybugg and GoWearFit. I finally broke down and bought the Gowearfit, since I needed some encouragement, new level of commitment. I have only had it on for a couple of days, but I must say I am Addicted! It is amazing. I love it! I am down some poundage too. I think it helps to see how many total calories you have burned by the end of the day to stop me from snacking.

I would try Googling, it. you may find it cheaper or even on ebay. good luck!
  • mpdpratima
    mpdpratima Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am with you! These questions are annoying. I did not know there was a Wi Fit Plus. I tried the Wi Active, but it is too hard on my knees. Have you done the Wi Fit Plus yet? I may want to pick it up, please tell us how it is working for you. You look amazing by the way, quite inspirational!:smile:
  • wewe12
    Options
    i dont have wii fit but i did have it but then the balance broke on me so i returne it an never got and other one
    and i just need to find somethign to tell me i am many calorie i burn a day cause i am getting enough that i dont know how much i burn maybe it will help me lol