Fitbit w/ other exercises

Options
When I am in the car, my fitbit lovesss to add anywhere from 300-600 steps (I live in the backwoods country where some roads aren't even paved, so its bumpy.) I hold the button for two steps, then the stop button. Then I go back to the fitbit site and say that I was driving during that period, so my steps are 0 and the steps are overridden.

Now - here is what I'm confused about. Say I exercise with something like wii step aerobics. I create a stop and start exercise just like I did with the car ride. But how does MFP know that that's a separate exercise? I have to log it on MFP, right? Because what you do on fitbit doesn't sync to MFP. How does that work?

Replies

• mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    300-600 steps isn't much. It's maybe 25 calories for me. I would just let it go. Maybe not if I drove that several times a day, though. More likely I'd just make a note in my head that on days I drive more than usual, Fitbit might be overestimating things a little.

I'm not sure what you're asking on the Wii. The Fitbit will track it fine so you don't have to do the start/stop thing, unless you like to to view it more easily in the Fitbit charts. If you manually log the workout for that period, you overwrite the Fitbit calories for that period. You get a MFP 'Fitbit adjustment' if your Fitbit detects you going over your 'BMR x activity multiplier' amount here, for the whole day. So don't log the Wii workout in both places, if you 'eat back' according to either.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Doesn't fit bit track like a hrm too? wouldn't it give you the calculation for burn based on that as well as just "steps" ? Sorry, I've been considering getting a fit bit so probably not going to be considered helpful :(