Veg recipes

Options
HeidiMightyRawr
HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
I haven't had that much fruit or veg so far today, so looking for a nice meal that consists of mostly veg, if anyone has any nice recipes? I've already had a main meal today as well so preferably nothing too heavy / calorific.

I have in the house...carrots, parsnips, sweet potato, red bell peppers, onions and peas. I also have chicken and turkey for meat :)

Replies

• Nix_
    Nix_ Posts: 94
    Options
    I would have a little 'Roast dinner' you've got the veg, and some meet :) I had one today and it only cost me 350cals!! :D
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'd make a vegetable stew with the onions, sweet potatoes, peppers, carrots n parsnips.

Quick recipe:

Chop the onion finely, saute in some oil (add garlic at this point if you have it)
    Cut the other veg into small dice. Toss them amongst the golden onion to coat, then add some stock (veg, chicken, beef, it really doesn't matter)

Turn the heat down low and let them simmer together for at least 30 mins. Check and see how soft the carrots are. Keep cooking until they are soft.

Either serve as a chunky soup, or blend until smooth (serve with crispy bacon or prosciutto, or grated cheese. Maybe a blob of natural yoghurt or creme fraiche)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    make a nice stir-fry with the veggies and meat, add some teriyaki or soy sauce if you have any. yum!
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    make a nice stir-fry with the veggies and meat, add some teriyaki or soy sauce if you have any. yum!

I think I just found my dinner menu for tonight.