*Advocare* does anyone know?

Has anyone used this before? Our waitress's boyfriend used it and she said the cleanse did amazing things for him, I have heard good things but wanted to hear from someone who doesn't potentially have something to gain. Thanks guys.

Replies

• katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Yes, I'm an independent distributor for Advocare and it works wonders. The products are wonderful. The cleanse does wonders, definitely worth buying.
  • goodeknight
    goodeknight Posts: 5 Member
    Nothing beats eating a healthy balance of foods. When you treat yourself to 5-7 servings of fruits and veggies each day, your body will natually "cleanse" your GI tract. I don't trust anything that sounds "too good to be true", because it usually isn't true. Save your cash for the Farmers' Market. :flowerforyou:
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Waste of money. It's an MLM scam. Cleanses are BS (if you really want to "clear" your system, eat a serving of prunes and I guarantee your colon and intestines will be cleansed). Their products are expensive, they've had numerous lawsuits against them. This link has a LOT of resources for you to look at. http://advocare.pissedconsumer.com/advocare-scam-20110514237670.html
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    I noticed when we were talking basically the 31 day cleanse included clean foods and minimal carbohydrate or low carbs. I can do that by myself. Now I just have to figure out what supplements I would need.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    In reality, the supplements you take depend on what you need. A multivitamin, possibly a B complex and maybe Omega 3s are the basics and are all that you need unless you have other issues. I take an iron supplement as well because I'm anemic. But most people won't need that.
  • mlashay
    mlashay Posts: 166 Member
    I did the Advocare 24day challenge, which is where I lost my first original 15lbs. It's not a quick fix its just something to help jump start you into living a healthy lifestyle. They don't encourage anything other than eating a well balanced diet and exercise. The supplements are just a multi-vitamin, omega-3s, herbal energy, help with appetite control and fiber drinks. My aunt is an advocare rep. and I told her I didn't want to do something that would be a waste of money or harmful in anyway. She paid for it for me just so I would give it a try because she knew how badly I wanted to lose weight and start living healthier. I am all for doing it the natural way (and the cheap way) but if you need help and filling in those holes, in my experience and opinion, Advocare is a good option.

Good luck on your journey!

:)