30 days challenge no alcohol!

Options
2»

Replies

• girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Giving up red wine was easy, and I lloooooove Cabs. All I had to say to myself was: That wine you have been drinking every night at dinner--you don't "deserve it". It's cheap and tastes like... That and just being stubborn helps a lot.

I also told myself: Save yourself for a really good glass of red. So, I did. I had about 1.5 glasses at an outdoor concert last weekend, and I didn't want any more. Previous to that, I had been dry for 35 days. :) It feels great and you do drop weight after giving it up. I think after 4 days, I didn't really crave it. I am around my fiance who has one beer every other night. (I hate beer, so that didn't tempt me.)

Another thing that helped was substituting sparkling water or any stevia-flavored sparkling water. Hope this helps you!
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I just had a heck of a drunken' night Saturday and just really don't need to be doing that to myself. It's not fun any more.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    This is tough. I pretty much had to stop going to parties and bars with my friends. I'm not someone who can have a drink or two. When I drink, I DRINK. And when I DRINK, I go to Del Taco. And when I go to Del Taco, I eat 4000 calories. I literally DRINK once every 3-4 months now.

OMG DEL TACO!! I am in a bowling league with my boyfriend and some friends and we bowl on Thursday nights. Needless to say...what's bowling without a few cocktails. We get done pretty late (1 am) and what's on the way home? Of course, Del Taco. Every week at 1 am on Thursdays 2 chicken soft tacos....then straight to sleep. I don't think I need to tell anyone this is horrible for the waistline! The past two weeks I've been driving since I am not drinking and we have taken a different way home...no Del Taco lol.

A typical drunken trip to Del Taco =

2 Combo Burritos
    2 Chicken Soft Tacos
    Macho Fries
    2 Churros
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is tough. I pretty much had to stop going to parties and bars with my friends. I'm not someone who can have a drink or two. When I drink, I DRINK. And when I DRINK, I go to Del Taco. And when I go to Del Taco, I eat 4000 calories. I literally DRINK once every 3-4 months now.

OMG DEL TACO!! I am in a bowling league with my boyfriend and some friends and we bowl on Thursday nights. Needless to say...what's bowling without a few cocktails. We get done pretty late (1 am) and what's on the way home? Of course, Del Taco. Every week at 1 am on Thursdays 2 chicken soft tacos....then straight to sleep. I don't think I need to tell anyone this is horrible for the waistline! The past two weeks I've been driving since I am not drinking and we have taken a different way home...no Del Taco lol.

A typical drunken trip to Del Taco =

2 Combo Burritos
    2 Chicken Soft Tacos
    Macho Fries
    2 Churros

Wow..yeah I gotta admit sometimes I've added a bean burrito and some fries to those chicken soft tacos. Gotta soak up the booze before work the next morning! Combine that with the five or six (or 7 or 8...)drinks and it's not hard to see why I'm on this website now!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    After my trip to NYC I am totally done with booze. I wish you all the best on your challenge.
  • jenntex
    jenntex Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just went to the groups page to join (love this idea) but couldn't find it. There is another group that is outdated or almost finished that also pertains to no alcohol. do you see it under groups? am I just missing something? thanks!