Exercise Calories....

TinaS88
TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
NO, I am not asking if you SHOULD or not eat them back,

I am just curious if YOU eat them back or not.

I have seen all the posts on why or why not to eat them, but I want to know the differences of people who do and don't.

A simple yes, no, or part would do great!!

Thanks!

Replies

• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Yes and no.
  • To be honest I don't consider those "exercise calories". "EXTRA". I will add up my calories & make sure I stay within my regular intake for the day.
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    No
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    I eat mine back!!!!! I LOVE MY "EXTRA" CALORIES!!!
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    I eat more on days that I work out a lot, but I don't eat them all back. For example, today (according to MFP) I'm supposed to eat something like 4400 calories. No freaking way I'm going to eat that much.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Thanks for the feedback!! Feel free to keep it coming! :)
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Yes and no. It all depends on the day. I like to keep my deficit in check, and some days that means eating back. The amount depends on my numbers. For example, I have burned 950 calories today with more exercise to come later. My calorie goal is 1500 each day, but now I have much more I could eat. I will make sure my net intake is at 1300 minimum, but I will not eat back enough to push me above 1700. As you can guess, I have more wiggle room today then a day where I only burn 514 calories.

Does that make sense?
  • cghiggins518
    cghiggins518 Posts: 48 Member
    yes.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    I do not eat them back. I have MFP set to my own custom settings. If I create a calorie deficit that is larger than 900 by exercising, I will eat more to bring it in line.

So, sometimes.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Sometimes, sometimes not. It's nice to know they're there if I need them, but if I'm purposefully not eating them (after a bad week for example) then I don't wear my HRM or track calories burned. Today for example, I spent an hour and a half at the gym and I have no idea what I burned and I'm not even trying to guess.
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Yes, I do. I wear a HRM every time I workout so I have a reasonably accurate measure of the calories burned (as opposed to the MFP guess) per workout. I also have a FitBit, but have not started eating the extra calories from it.

Seems to be working for me.
  • cunfewzed1
    cunfewzed1 Posts: 80
    Nope
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Eating them back daily to the tone of 310 lbs. Lost!!! Love them exercise calories!!!! :drinker:
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    I eat some of mine back. Since I don't have a HRM yet I only put in a portion of my workout into MFP (ex: I do an hour long class, I put it in as 30 minutes). I try to net 1200-1300 per day and I have been losing consistently. Seems to be working for me :wink:
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    I eat about 70-80%, give or take.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Kinda. I eat at my TDEE -15%.
  • YES!
  • I don't eat mine back unless I'm hungry.. But I also don't log my exercise so don't know what I'm burning to begin with. I got this way from overeating, so am now trying to keep that in check. In saying that, I'm hungrier on days where I do more exercise, and those are the days I'm more likely to slip up after dinner and have chocolate/icecream, and don't stress too much about going over.
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    My workouts make me eat them back, when I burn up to or over 2000 calories during a race I eat nearly the same to keep from passing out.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    No unless I do something extreme! (which is never lol)