What's your exercise schedule?

Options
I'm finally starting to develop mine. The past two years I've just been walking with light yoga daily, three weeks ago I started the Couch to 5K running program (LOVE IT!) and a week ago I've started pilates with the help of youtuber Blogilates (look her up she has SO many free workouts that are just kickass!)

So right now my schedule is:

Sunday-Blogilates (30 min)
Mon-C25k (30 min)
Tues-Yoga/Blogilates (1 hour all together)
Wed-C25k (30 min)
Thurs-Blogilates (30 min)
Fri-C25k
Sat-rest

Any tips? I'm open to any advice, and I'm also curious as to what you all are doing.

Replies

• filippi
    filippi Posts: 4
    Options
    My advice would be add a resistance training session, it could be bodyweight or with free weights if you can have them.
    Strenght will make your running much easier and should help build muscle - (tonning for the ladies)- i don t know your goals, you want to look good, want to be healthier, or just improve your running...
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Here is the schedule I have currently.

Mon - Aqua Combo
    Tues - Aqua Cardio
    Wed - Strength Circuit
    Thur - Aqua Cardio
    Fri - Strength Circuit
    Sat- Deep Water - going to try Tai Chi this weekend :)
    Sun- Strength Circuit

All of the aqua classes are 1 hour and the strength circuits are usually 75-90 minutes depending on what I do. I know it's alot of qater aerobics but that is what I like to do. During that time of the month I change those to a different type of group class but it depends.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Right now I am doing the stationary bicycle every day because I broke my wrist a month ago and the doctor said to limit my upper body exercise. I am starting physical therapy this week and in August I will be adding a once a week Hip Hop dance session. I'm hoping to join a gym in September and start doing Zumba 3 or 4 times a week.
  • Huiminlovesfood
    Options
    After reading the above, i think mine is reallly pathetic. Basically its just

Monday - 45 to 60 minutes of swimming
    Friday- 45 to 60 minutes of swimming

Is it too little? I dont have much weight to lose ( around 5 more Ibs to go) and I really dont have the time to workout that often.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Sunday-Monday

-Zumba type dancing, adding in resistance, leg lifts, squats, dead lifts, push-ups, side lifts, Scissors and a few other things. I do it twice a day for an hour

This is going on 3 1/3 weeks.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Monday - overhead press + assistance
    Tuesday - deadlifts + assistance
    Thurday - bench press + assistance
    Friday - squats + assistance

Sometimes i add cardio 1-2 times per week

Recommendation on your schedule - incorporate strength training 2-3x per week. You're gonna love the way you look and feel.
  • TejwantM
    TejwantM Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi
    Just saw your post and had to reply. I've always disliked jogging, but I too am loving couch to 5k. It is great ! I'm also using Gorilla gym which adds the strength and weight training without the need for a gym or expensive equipment. the little videos on ho to do the excercise correctly are clear. another great app for getting in shape.
    good luck
  • shanighias
    shanighias Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Here is the schedule:

Mon - Body Revolution Circuit Training
    Tues - Body Revolution Circuit Training
    Wed - Body Revolution Cardio\P90x Plyometrics
    Thur - Body Revolution Circuit Training
    Fri - Body Revolution Circuit Training
    Sat- Body Revolution Cardio\P90x2 Balance
    Sun- 10 Minute Trainer Yoga
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Day 1.Back and bi's
    Day 2. Cardio
    Day 3. Shoulders
    Day 4. Legs
    Day 5. Chest and tri's
    Day 6. Cardio/ rest
    Repeat.
  • yvonneW1964
    yvonneW1964 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym and do
    Monday 1-1.5hrs Gym workout cardo/corss training
    Tuesday 1hr cross training 45min RPM
    Wednesday 1-1.5hrs Gym workout cardo/corss training
    Thurdays 1hr cross training 45min RPM
    Friday 1hr cross training 45min RPM

loving the results Have a gym buddy which makes it
    a concrete arrangement and laugh a heap (think
    thats what really burns the calories!!):laugh:
  • JoniRiaya
    JoniRiaya Posts: 79
    Options
    I am almost finished with a 5K trainer. I have one day left and ran 3.14 miles tonight at a 9.5 min/mile pace. Such an awesome feeling since I've always hated running lol. My work schedule varies so I don't have a set work out schedule but right now I aim to run 2x a week, do Jillian's ripped in 30 video 5x a week and go to Zumba 1x a week. I am wondering if the Jillian video is enough strength or do I need more? Thoughts/advice on this are appreciated :)
  • svesemenja
    svesemenja Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Monday - Sunday: yoga every morning 15 min to 30 min depending how much time I have
    Monday - Saturday: cardio stationary bike and elliptical, every day different around 20, 30 min
    DAY 1: shoulders and biceps
    DAY 2: chest and triceps
    DAY 3: Back and abs
    DAY 4: legs
    one day break and repeat..
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Mine...

Monday - NROLW
    Tuesday - Swimming
    Wednesday - NROLW
    Thursday - Swimming
    Friday - NROLW
    Saturday and Sunday - Rest days

Also walk at least 30mins every day
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Mon lunchtime - outdoors running, usually HIIT session (20 mins) or a full steady paced run
    Mon evening - BodyRock (strength training)
    Tues evening - BodyRock
    Wed lunchtime - outdoors running, usually HIIT session (20 mins) or a full steady paced run
    Wed evening - BodyRock
    Thurs evening - BodyRock
    Fri lunchtime - outdoors running, usually HIIT session (20 mins) or a full steady paced run
    Fri evening - BodyRock
    Sat - rest
    Sun - rest
  • Dina275
    Dina275 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred routine, I started level two the other day, so I am doing level two in the mornings, and then level one in the afternoons. I try and go for a 5k run about three times a week as well.