Clothing while losing weight...

Options
2»

Replies

• leighoconnell
    Options
    It depends how fast you are losing weight. I've been doing this for a year and I've only lost 2 sizes. So I've bought clothes normally.

I'm the same way. I put on 60 lbs and went from a size 9 to a size 16 while thats a couple of sizes my I know my body well enough to know that I will stay at a size 12 from 175-190 lbs (currently at 200) and my shirt will go from an XL to a Medium. Therefore I am buying new clothes in bulk since I wont be below 175 till Spring and winter is a coming, gotta get new clothes when ever the seasons change in Colorado anyways.

Something you may want to try is getting clothing which fits two sizes such as a 11/12 or 9/10.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    There was a thread a few weeks ago about other MFPers trading their old clothes with each other (obvioulsly there will be a huge size selection as everyone here is at a different part of their journey), so it might be worth the time to search out that blog.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Only one that makes me really mad is the new tailored suit I bought in December which cost me 600$, and it is now so big on me that they can't tailor it to fit. What a waste of money :(

Donate it!
  • wattsam1
    Options
    I try to donate my clothes when they get too big. It's a nice way of thinking that there is no turning back and I will never be that size ever again!

Since I'm not quite the size I want to be I've been picking up a lot of stuff at Target. It's been hard for me to do that since I LOVE clothes but I figure they're cheaper so I can get more!

Ann Taylor Loft is a good store to get clothes at, they are always marking things down, you can get some real steals there!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Only one that makes me really mad is the new tailored suit I bought in December which cost me 600$, and it is now so big on me that they can't tailor it to fit. What a waste of money :(

Donate it!

Or sell it at a consignment shop!
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ian. I just realized that your picture was your MII and since the picture has a pet, you must have Wii Fit Plus. How do you like it so far. Mine should have arrived today, so I will doing it tonight. I lost my first 50 lbs solely on the Wii Fit.

The wife and I absolutely love it! We got it Sunday and that's the only thing that has been on our television since. The addition of the new games, the personalized routines, and general newness of it are awesome!

Check out my blog posts for more in-depth 'reports' from it:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ianconway

You will definitely have fun and lose sweat on it, I guarantee!
  • gizmohamster
    Options
    1. skirts with an elastic wasteband or wrap-around are great
    2. alterations maybe cheaper than new clothes
    3. a good belt helps with pants
    4. ask friends and family if they have some extra stuff in your size
  • toots99
    Options

The original poster is a guy! I did the same thing a few posts ago, thinking he was a girl. :laugh:

Although maybe he's into skirts, I don't know. :laugh: :laugh:
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Ironically, Ian, I read your blog earlier about it, and didn't realize it was the same person.

Now, though, I am having fun picturing you in gizmo's wrap around skirts!
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options

The original poster is a guy! I did the same thing a few posts ago, thinking he was a girl. :laugh:

LOL! No, I don't think my taste in fashion has changed that much... :laugh:
  • toots99
    Options

LOL! No, I don't think my taste in fashion has changed that much... :laugh:

Well if you have nice legs, you can show them off in a skirt. :laugh:
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    I bought a pair or 2 at every size and mixed them up so I was wearing some to work that were a little too big, some the right size and some that were too tight (but buying those in "relaxed fit"helped). I started with 46's & 48's and have worked my way down to a 36" waist. My goal is to get down to 34" waist. As for shirts, I stayed in my XXLs as long as possible and didn't buy any XLs. Now I've bought size L's and figure I can probably get away with those for quite awhile, even though it would be nice to get to size Mediums. Goodwill, ARC, DAV, and the other charities have been getting a lot of nice stuff from our house lately. <grin>. But, hey, that's a price I'm glad to pay!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I bought some inexpensive work slacks (dress pants) at Ross because my old ones were so baggy they were falling off. I still wear my knit shirts for work and my bike shorts at home, however. I also bought some new bra's (2) because I gotta have something there that fits right. Otherwise, I'll wait until I get where I'm going to buy really nice, new clothes.

I try to stick with clearance racks or Ross/TjMaxx/Marshalls type discount stores....I've gotten Dockers for $10, Levis for $12-$15
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I wear jeans all the time. I work in a lab so I can't really wear anything else. I just recently started replacing my wardrobe with new clothes. I just got a belt with lots of holes and have been working my way down the line. It was too much hassle shopping at each stage since I don't really have time and don't enjoy it that much. T-shirts, especially on men, don't look bad if they are baggy.

Great job on the weight loss. :happy: