no wonder I'm so fat. I'm such a

Options
lil_bit_crazy
lil_bit_crazy Posts: 161 Member
KLUTZ! I can't exercise! Seriously!
I fell out of my bed head first and knocked myself out. My kids said I went into a seizure and called 911. My bed is 4+ feet high. Don't ask how it happened, I have no idea. That was around Nov last year.
April 8th this year I had a bad fall off of one of my horses. That was ok. But when I tried to STAND UP from being on the ground, I tore my ACL.
April 10th I was washing dishes and a glass busted. I filleted my hand to the bone. Stitches, here I come. Postponing my ACL surgery because I couldn't use crutches where the stitches were.
April 15th with 5 more days of stitches, I find out I'm allergic to my stitches and they are infected. Can it get worse? Oh yes!
My hand swells like a football and a round of antibiotics that I'm allergic to is started.
ACL surgery May 10. Finally I think things turning around.
And that's what I get for thinking.

Physical therapy is great. I'm 2 months ahead of schedule. I'm exercising. I'm losing weight. Yippee!

And now I'm waiting on MRI again. Seen doc Friday. Just getting confirmation of torn meniscus in the same knee I just had surgery on.

If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck.

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I thought I was bad. You win, you're klutzier than me! Poor thing! :flowerforyou:
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I feel horrible for laughing. My word! Really? Could you maybe get a bubble to live in? I'm sorry for all your.... stuff going wrong. Just Wow.:flowerforyou: ( oh dear, hope your not allergic to them :wink: )
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm a klutz and have terrible luck, but nothing like that! You really need some good luck, sorry for everything you've been going through.
  • lil_bit_crazy
    Options
    Yeahhhh my best friend said I needed a bubble. I've been told to stay in bed. Then they said nevermind to stay on the floor but DO NOT try to stand up.
    My mom said I was getting bubble wrap for Christmas.

And I get endless teasing from my husband and 3 boys....

The laughing triggers my asthma ..always somethin LOL
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world, so far since I've officially been exercising I've

-Gotten poison ivy all up my arms and legs and couldn't exercise because of the itching
    -Slipped down the stairs and twisted my ankle
    -Pulled my groin running

I also have something wrong with my head that means as soon as I get a little dehydrated I get off balance and fall down, did that a few time before realizing I have to drink 32oz of water before exercising or I look like a drunk for the day :smile:

That is just the last month, it is getting comical but I refuse to stop, I'll find something I can do
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Both of you . I'm just hoping it's not something going around.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Sending a good luck fairy. personal inhome doctor and a body cast your way!! You poor thing. :frown: I too bursted out laughing,,.You made it sound kind of fun and exciting!! :embarassed: (sorry) :flowerforyou:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Try swimming.
    That gives you a good overall cardio session and works the muscles.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Bubble wrap. You need to be ensconced in bubble wrap.

I'd offer a sympathetic hug... but I might break something. :embarassed:
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    What's that late-night TV commercial? Sit and be Fit? :P)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    like Bobby said, you need to go to the pool that might be the safest spot to exercise :tongue:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    dang! you put my klutzy to shame!

I still think you should exercise though. :flowerforyou:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I went to kiss my Husband, he moved and caught my leg and dislocated my left knee cap, I then passed out, fell on the floor, had to go to A&E

The the other day we were walking, I was in front, busy pointing out to him a hole to not step in, put my foot in another hole, went over on my ankle, fell on my face, damaged the ligament in my ankle and then had to limp back about 2 and a half miles to the car, I almost passed out, it hurt like a *kitten*, that night I could not weight bare at all...had to go to A&E

I walk into things, stub my toe all the time, bang myself all the time, burn myself...but...you win lol
  • tam823
    tam823 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Man, you poor thing! I hope your luck turns around and fast!
  • lil_bit_crazy
    Options
    Maybe we should start a group here for klutzy people.
    MFP Klutzes??

I know it couldn't be me...I'd shut the whole system down or set something off from NASA..
    Strange people in black suits and dark glasses would be at my door before I could log off....
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Try swimming.
    That gives you a good overall cardio session and works the muscles.

Are you trying to drown her, get her the flesh eating bacteria and a bad case of diarrhea? OP, maybe you should wear a helmet and body armor at all times. You poor thing.