Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

12 Hour Fast

2»

Replies

• It doesn't matter when you eat. Calories in vs. calories out. There are loads of people on here that eat late at night, eat several times a day, don't fast, etc. and have been very successful at losing weight.

This is not true. Not for all people anyway. For me it does matter when I eat. I have hypothyroidism and a few other vitamin deficiencies and if I eat to much at one sitting, or to few meals a day, well then I can work out for 30 hours straight but i will still hold on to everything. now when i eat 5-6 small meals a day , stop eating about 2-3 hours before i go to bed...also wait at least an hour before i eat upon waking up, and work out for 30 minutes i can drop weight like it is nothing. there is a science to everyone's bodies, and every one is different so this is not true, but what the op said is not true either. every one has to find their own way of doing it....so to the noobs reading this...don't listen to anything any one says...try new things until you find what works for your own body...no two are alike :)
  • got excited, thought this topic read '12 hour FEAST' ;):drinker:

ROFLMAO!!!!! Nearly pee'd in my jammies reading this! :laugh:

HAHA!!!
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    I'm no expert, but I don't think your body knows what time it is beyond being asleep/being awake. I think the suggestions of "eat in a 12-hour window" and "don't eat two hours before sleep" is more for people who have issues with snack attacks.

Just my two cents.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    got excited, thought this topic read '12 hour FEAST' ;):drinker:

Not only did you made me laugh but you also made me cry. Isn't that a Calzone in your profile? Can't wait to have one again LOL.

sorry this is so of topic, but in response not sure which photo you are referring to but I have a homemade pizza in there (i grilled the dough!) some tomatoes stuffed with ground browned pork with mozzarella, and a deli croissant filled with ricotta, lemon and lime juice and zest with some powdered sugar on top....all very delicious!! I change out photos quite a bit as there's only room for so many in there and I seem to enjoy taking pictures of my creations. lol thats how i roll.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I'm no expert, but I don't think your body knows what time it is beyond being asleep/being awake. I think the suggestions of "eat in a 12-hour window" and "don't eat two hours before sleep" is more for people who have issues with snack attacks.

Just my two cents.
    The 12-hour thing has nothing to do with your body knowing time. It's how long it takes for your liver or whatever (I need to go find that article) to start burning fat. It doesn't matter what time you stop eating, only how long before you start again. This was an actual scientific study, not just random advice.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    got excited, thought this topic read '12 hour FEAST' ;):drinker:

ROFLMAO!!!!! Nearly pee'd in my jammies reading this! :laugh:

DEFINITELY gave me a heck of a laugh!!! both of you :)