HI ALL!!!

I love going to the beach, But hate wearing a bathing suit.lol
I'm 22 & have A two year old daughter. I lost the baby weight RIGHT after I had her, But over the last 2 years pounds started creeping on): I'm GOING to lose 20 pounds to start off. I don't wanna go all crazy
& have my goal far out(: you know? I've seen myself in pics & can't believe how Much weight I've gained!! Anywayz wish me LOTS & LOTS of luck. And I'll be sure to reurn the love:P

Replies

• I love going to the beach, But hate wearing a bathing suit.lol
    I'm 22 & have A two year old daughter. I lost the baby weight RIGHT after I had her, But over the last 2 years pounds started creeping on): I'm GOING to lose 20 pounds to start off. I don't wanna go all crazy
    & have my goal far out(: you know? I've seen myself in pics & can't believe how Much weight I've gained!! Anywayz wish me LOTS & LOTS of luck. And I'll be sure to reurn the love:P
  • i wish you lots and lots of luck, but more importantly, lots and lots of determination and amazing results.
    -XO
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi welcome to mfp, I've enjoyed this site since I found it about a week and a half ago. It works! I have lost 3 lbs and I now make healthier choices for my meals. Hope you have a lot of fun with this site.
  • Thanx for the support(:
    I even signed my hubby up too.lol
    Now we can work out & eat right toghether. It'll make it soo much easier w/ him right there beside me.
    I cleaned out the fridge & cabinets today(: So now we have to go grocery shopping. It's hard for me though b/c I don't really know what to buy): Any advice about healthy choices to buy & easy to make?!?

Thanx again
    *Heather
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Heather,

Welcome!

Try to get yourselves off sugar as soon as you can. When the cravings hit - get up go outside, walk, have a carrot, drink water. it is not a fun withdrawal, but you will feel SO much better.

Grains:

Buy only wholegrains (whole wheat, whole rye, whole grain BROWN rice or at a minimum, no white rice.) I found it very simple to switch to a whole grain mix of brown rice, long grain rice and heirloom red rice that Costco sells as a "Harvest Medley"
    Triscuits
    WASA flatbreads (in the crackers section) are a favorite of mine.

For bread I only buy whole wheat pita or whole wheat english muffins, and eat 1/2 portion (like 1/2 pita or 1/2 half muffin) at any one time.

Fruit and Vegetables:

Fresh fruit and vegetables - lots of choices - buy frozen stir fry if you don't want to do all the prep and can afford it. I always have mixed greens on hand ( the bagged salads are great )
    Olive oil ONLY for your oil use--- Margarine made with soy is ok.
    Butter occasionally - a serving is 1 Tablespoon
    Avocados are a good source of non-meat oil for salads or sandwiches
    Edamame is an excellent source of protein without too much fat.

Low fat or high flavor salad dressing - Newman's Own Balsamic Vinagrette is my fave, one teaspoon or two is plenty. Stay away from blue cheese or 1000 island. Read the labels. Those "Salad Spritzers" spray-on salad dressings are excellent, becase you wont overdue your portions.

Low or no fat dairy products. Dannon nonfat-Plain yogurt is great. I use only soy milk - no cow milk. Low fat string cheese

If you buy any juice, buy ONLY 100% juice - the juice "cocktails" have sugar or corn syrup. I mix my juices with sparkling water (seltzer) and usually use 4 oz.juice to one 12 oz can of seltzer. It's satisfying and fills me up and I no longer drink any canned sodas.

Meats: 3 oz portions (about the size of a deck of cards) - I only eat one serving of meat or fish daily

Skinless chicken - or skin it before cooking. I buy whatever is on sale.
    Pork - buy pork roasts, pork tenderloins or pork chops that are "trimmed" - fat cut off. These pork choices are surprisingly low fat.
    Stay away from beef
    Tofu is great
    Fish is great - keep portions small - 3 oz is about the size of a deck of cards.

Drink only water or unsweetened tea.

Good luck to you both! Keep in touch with us.

Cheryl (cmriverside)