Very sad NSV :(

Options
2»

Replies

• MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    oh no. How sad. I almost lost my wedding ring out the car window one day. Luckily it dropped inside and under the seat. It is currently on the other hand until I get it resized.

This... I bought a $8 silver ring that I wear on my wedding ring finger, since the wedding band only fits on the other hand. If I have to wear the wedding ring on my ring finger, I "lock" it on there with the silver ring, since they're both a white metal.

That is a sad NSV though. Hopefully you find it. :(

Yes, I've been doing this too. I have a ring on my right and left ring fingers (they are both wedding rings - long story) when I'm doing risky activity and my fingers are having a 'skinny day' I put the smaller ring in front of the larger because my hands are different sizes.

Looks beautiful and works well.

So a tip for the ladies - just buy a ring in the correct size and pop it in front of your loose ring for security until you feel like having it resized. :flowerforyou:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I think it's sad you quit looking for it! i mean it obviously had to be somewhere and now someone has a free ring lol
  • Finallyfit1976
    Finallyfit1976 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, actually we were staying at a hotel in the states ( I'm from Canada) and we were there for 3 days. Spent alot of time looking for it but didn't find it I wish I knew about this metal detector before. This happened early July and I notified the hotel stuff to call me if anyone found it. My husband promised me he is going to buy me a new one very soon.... But of course losing weight is the best gift I got to myself because I really deserve it, I'm just 14 pounds away from my goal ( SW:228.5, CW :163.8, GW: 150 with 5 7' ) so I think I deserve more than a ring even if it was a wedding one .

Again THANKS ALOT guys, your words mean alot to me

Noha
  • rockermom5
    rockermom5 Posts: 58
    Options
    Same thing happened to my husband last summer. He's lost over 100 lbs and was running into work during a rain storm. He never noticed that his ring flew off. :( A co worker found it...after it had been run over by a car and bent out of shape. I bought him a new one in the winter...not the same, but it's not too bad. I was upset at first, but in the long run, it was just a ring, something replaceable. ((hugs)) Congrats on the weight loss!
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    What does N S V stand for?

And Im sorry, that stinks about your ring. My ring is one of my favorite, most valuable, possessions. But again, it is only material. And whats more important is your health.

Celebrate losing the weight and go out and buy a better ring!

Non scale victory. :smile:

Oh! I thought it meant "no small victory". Oops that's about as bad as thinking LOL meant "lots of love"!

But OP I hope you find your ring. I really do...
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,210 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, actually we were staying at a hotel in the states ( I'm from Canada) and we were there for 3 days. Spent alot of time looking for it but didn't find it I wish I knew about this metal detector before. This happened early July and I notified the hotel stuff to call me if anyone found it. My husband promised me he is going to buy me a new one very soon.... But of course losing weight is the best gift I got to myself because I really deserve it, I'm just 14 pounds away from my goal ( SW:228.5, CW :163.8, GW: 150 with 5 7' ) so I think I deserve more than a ring even if it was a wedding one .

Again THANKS ALOT guys, your words mean alot to me

Noha

Wow, sorry to hear about your loss! Also CONGTATS for your amazing journey you are having here! I can't wait to congrats you WHEN you get to your goal weight! I reached mine in March of this year! Its been awesome! Yours will be just as amazing for sure!!!!!
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    ....whats more important is your health.

Celebrate losing the weight and go out and buy a better ring!

This!
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your ring. You must have been devistated! BUT at least you lost it for a "good reason". Lol I mean I know it sucks but look on the bright side. You've lost weight AND you get a new ring! :tongue:
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Ughhhhhh that sucks!

Sorry to hear that!

You will laugh at this years to come!!!
  • bethmac_va
    bethmac_va Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm very sorry about your ring. In the event you don't get it back, here's an idea...

Take this opportunity to renew your vows when you get your new ring! Make it a very special little ceremony and make it a new beginning! :flowerforyou:

I've never lost my ring, but I did get a new set about 10 years ago. We took the opportunity then to renew our vows because my husband wanted my ring "blessed". It made getting the rings very special. :happy:
  • mariapg25
    mariapg25 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Love that idea!!! Re-new the vows. Congrats on the weight loss!!!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Thats so sad. Ive had to switch mine to my middle finger and I now take it off when I swim.
  • gladpants
    gladpants Posts: 26
    Options
    metal detector and a flash light in the dark! good luck.

This^

My dad did this once. He was able to find a place to rent him a metal detector. Good luck
  • aralls64
    aralls64 Posts: 13
    Options
    N S V stands for non scale victory.
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    Love that idea!!! Re-new the vows. Congrats on the weight loss!!!

^^^ That's a great idea for when you get your new ring. I'm so sorry about your ring. I recently lost my wallet and had the good fortune of someone turning it in to the police with my money and all cards included. I'm hoping that some sweet soul finds your ring and turns it in to the management so that you can get it back. :)
  • CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would be heartbroken if I ever lost my engagement ring, since my husband had it custom made and put a lot of thought into it... I've been getting nervous, since my rings are spinning on my finger, but I have huge knuckles that seem to be keeping them in place...

After reading this, I think I'll go pick up some of those adjuster tubes...

I hope someone finds it and returns it to you.
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Go back and search for it! I lost a gold and diamond watch once in a BIG open field. Didn't realize i lost it until later that evening when i got home. I went back and looked for over an hour and could not find it. It bothered me so bad i went back 2 days later walked around with my head down and BAM! There it was! If it was meant to be it WILL come back to you! Much luck!!!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I realize that you live in Canada & lost it on vacation, but... there is a website: www.lostmystuff.net run by amateur metal detectors. You can make a report on it for your lost ring- and if anyone lives around the area, they will go look for your ring for free. Worth a shot!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!