NAAFA

Options
jcmartin0313
jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
http://www.naafaonline.com/dev2/

You have got to be kidding me. While I in no way favor discrimination or condemnation of the obese (me included), we should not celebrate this disease.

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    "NAAFA’s message of size acceptance and self-acceptance is often overshadowed by a $49 billion-a-year diet industry that has a vested economic interest in perpetuating discrimination against fat people. Without active financial support from people like you, NAAFA would not exist and could not fulfill its crucial role defending your rights. While it is an uphill battle to achieve our goals, together we are making a difference."

Well this is what got me. $49 billion a year diet industry, overshadows them. That and doctors saying that obesity is bad, and common sense saying that if you have a hard time moving because you are too far over weight then you need to do something about it. Accepting people for people no matter what shape, color, size, or whatever else is what we need to strive for in my opinion but I think I'm with you, we don't need to be celebrating being obese.