SPECIAL K

Options
HAS ANYONE HERE EVER TRIED THE SPEICAL K DIET. HOW WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE. ?

Replies

• ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Oh, sorry... i thought this was about me.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Why eat special k for two meals a day when you can just eat a normal, balanced diet?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in diets. A lifestyle change is the only thing that is going to make a difference, and eating cereal for every meal for the rest of my life just isn't do-able.
  • equiroz_92
    Options
    I haven't but my friend did she lost about 8 pounds with excercise. :)
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I looked into doing the Special K diet, but the way the website set it up for me, it had me doing the shakes as well as the cereal, protein bars, etc. and I can't do the shakes because they make me sick to my stomach.

To me, it just wasn't worth it. I'd rather do a lifestyle change with foods I'm going to eat every day for the rest of my life versus a diet that I probably wouldn't go through with.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    It can get expensive because they are trying to sell all their products...
  • nettamarie
    nettamarie Posts: 23
    Options
    SEEMS LIKE YOU HAD HAVE THE SAME FELEING ABOUT THEYRE PRODUCTS . I PERSONALLY THINK THEYRE PRODUCTS ARE TO SWEET FOR ME. BUT HOWEVER I DO LOVE THEYRE CEREAL. :smile:
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Special K is actually good value for money in terms of cost of the protein. But it has sugar added (for taste) which is a bit pointless. That said, I really like it and when I'm not doing low carb it's my breakfast food.
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Tried it. I think my body doesn't react well to the rice or something. I didn't lose any weight til I changed up my diet and eliminated the cereal.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I think it's a marketing scam and you can do just as well by concentrating on portion control.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Special K is actually banned in Denmark and under close scrutiny in the Netherlands at the moment due to the high iron content. When I say iron don't think the stuff you're body needs but ground up bicycles and stuff. In half the packs there are iron chips so large you can tease them out with a magnet.

But like any diet that reduces your calorie intake you will lose some weight with it.