Questions for the lean & ripped people sporting a 6 pack

Options
How long did it take you to get there?

What sacrifices did you do to improve your body composition?

Do you experience getting more irritable & feeling hungry while on the cutting phase?

I'm doing the cutting phase but for some reason my body still hasn't changed. I still look skinny-fat & I badly want to get out of that zone. I know its 80% nutrition and so I already limit my starchy carbs in the morning or after my weight lifting session although I do have problem eliminating white rice since I live in Philippines where white rice is the star of every meal, lol. I also have been eating high protein mostly from fish, chicken & beef (I don't eat much pork). I lift heavy weights 3 times a week.

Now I'm gonna tell this in advance. I know I ate some bad stuff this weekend but Saturday was where I had french fries after a very looong time. The last time I ever eaten a french fry was last March.

Anyway this is my recent pic taken last June 30 (ugh I hate my belly). My goal is to look like those atleta or VS models.

8336780_8007-1.jpg

I would love to hear your tips on how to harden up my look. Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Iknow you are probably looking for girls to answer,but I am trying to get the six pack going,It is taking quite a while but it is finally showing,ai eat lots of protien after work outs and do weights one day and ab exercises the other,have a look at my pictures and you will see I went from 240lbs to 159 where I am now in 15 months,most of my definition was in the kitchen and have been doing my daily weights and ab exercises for about 3 months..I want to hear what others have done to get that six pack look
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    First off stop beating yourself up. You look great and certainly better than most people will ever look in their lives. I can't answer for you but what it took for me was watching calories and keeping them below my allowed limit. I have been OCD about my weight and waist size. I adjusted my diet and exercise based on those two things. Good luck!!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Yes it seems that the bulk/cut cycle is far more difficult than just losing weight. I know my goal is a bit extreme especially for someone who came from being obese 3 years ago but I don't think its impossible.
  • jazzylopez
    jazzylopez Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am no expert by any means & no I don't have a 6 pack yet. But, I do lift heavy weights at least 4 times a week & do cardio almost everyday. I'm just getting to the point where I can actually see my biceps & triceps. But, not without a very extrict diet. I guess what I'm trying to say is that in order to be lean & sorta ripped you must have a very low body fat percentage. You must also be very dedicated to your diet & do tons of cardio. A low card high protein diet works perfect for me. I lose fat & gain muscle at the same time. (^_^) I would recommend you google " chicketuna" she looks amazing in my opinion.
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to tell from a front angle picture, but based on your upper body and legs, some of that could be excess skin which simply takes time to go away and until that happens you're unlikely to see ab definition.