new to fitness

Options
or at least it's a new since like...college!

i am on a military spouse message board and came across this site. i recently decided it was time to lose weight and get back in shape now that my youngest is 6 months old. i just started taking Adipex and recording what i eat yesterday. I'm hoping to start my work-outs tomorrow. it's the getting started part that's the hardest! :tongue:

i have 4 beautiful kids...Katelynn 15, Lexie 13, Zavier 6, and Izabella 6 months. i just got married to a wonderful man, Chris, last October. He is currently in Afghanistan serving our country but will be home VERY soon!! :love:

I'm really excited about getting started on this challenge. several yrs ago i worked out about 10 hours a week and looked and felt great!! i really want to look and feel that good again...hoping to get some of the support and encouragement i need to do that on this site! :happy:

Replies

• kksam
    kksam Posts: 38
    Options
    welcome and best of luck to you. I've been on three months now and found out my Dr is also. It's a slow process, but makes me think before I put something in my mouth. I have lost about 10 pounds slowly, but wasn't heavy in exercising. Last week I found a pal to work out with and even thought we couldn't do it together today, I did get there and get my time in. My Dr wants me to do 10,000 steps a day and this last week and a half, it's be done. I'm on alot of medication for a transplant so that doesn't help, but it's not going to stop me either. Stay in touch.
    Karen
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome TLJACKSON !!! This is an awesome sight and the members here are informative and encouraging! Log ALL that you eat, drink your water and do at least a 1/2 hr of exercise per day and you will be on your way to slimness!! Thank your husband for the awesome job he is doing for our country!!!