Biggest Compliment Pet Peeve. *Rant Warning.* lol

Options
heagler870
heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
So I'm in another forum on a dating site, yes, that's right I said it... A dating sight! haha, Anyway someone came up with the topic about losing weight yet still feeling fat. Well I told my story of how I've lost 60 pounds so far and have about 75 pounds to go and that there are days when I still feel fatter than I am and can't seem to get over the hump. One person said to me in reply, "You have such a beautiful face. When you lose the rest of your weight you'll be a knockout" I know that is supposed to be a compliment but it really irked me. I guess it's just because people have always said that to me. Well, what about the rest of me? I'm not just a face ya know!

Replies

• mrob81
    mrob81 Posts: 36
    Options
    Just keep working out and losing weight. Who cares about anything else. Everyone knows humans are shallow. We all are in our own way. So someone thinks that when you lose weight you will be a knockout. Someone else thinks you are a knockout now. The only thing that matters is that YOU don't like the way you feel right now, so YOU are losing weight.

Just remember things like this when you finally do get down to your goal weight and look. Don't join the club.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Whoever said that is a dilhole.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Oh man, have I heard that one before. I guess it's meant to be encouraging.

Recently my friend told me, "Hey, you've lost some weight. Looking better." Better. Thanks.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Just keep working out and losing weight. Who cares about anything else. Everyone knows humans are shallow. We all are in our own way. So someone thinks that when you lose weight you will be a knockout. Someone else thinks you are a knockout now. The only thing that matters is that YOU don't like the way you feel right now, so YOU are losing weight.

Just remember things like this when you finally do get down to your goal weight and look. Don't join the club.

THIS. I know how you feel on that one though. I went out with my friend over the weekend and I was crossing paths with a guy who said: you have a pretty face! I smiled and said thanks though, from the past, this reminds of a negative connection. With all this change I didn't think "oh he must think the rest of me is ugly". Instead, he thought I had a pretty face and that was it.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. Comments such as those begin to sound insults to our body.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I know what you mean as well.....