Newbie fasting

Options
Hiya everyone. I'm new in this neck of the woods but the scenery is familiar. I've been struggling with my weight since I can remember, and unfortunately I have excellent long term memory. I started a water fast on the 9th of this month and it's going awesome. I love the feeling of my body being cleaned out from all the damage that I've done to it. After my fast (which will last for forty days) I'm going raw foods. I can't wait. I've been dreaming about raspberries for two days now. I'm looking for a fitness compadre to join me in this quest. Not the fasting, but the getting in shape. I want to lose 120 lbs. I obviously won't be able to do that with fasting so is there anyone out there willing yell at me if I'm willing to yell at you (in a totally not awkward way?) Stay strong my lovelies. We can do this!

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to fast for 40 days on only water?

You do NEED actual food in that time. I'm sorry to say but you'll do more hard than good.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen the movie on netflix called "Sick, Fat, and Nearly Dead"? It's a great documentary about juice fasting. I did attempt it, and I attempted it with my boyfriend. It's not easy at all. And that's with something with calories! By the end of the day he was pissed at EVERYTHING. So we quit for the fact of keeping sanity.

Honestly, I do think the juice fasting would be more beneficial for you and it cleans you out as well. But I wouldn't recommend for too long, your body needs food.

I just started this site, but I'm willing to yell at you and you can yell at me in this non awkward way! Lol
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yea, not sure why you want to fast for 40 days on just water. Your body needs food to be able to survive. I agree with now-or-never..sounds to me like you will be doing more harm then good.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    you need an education on yourself.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hi are you taking any supplements. this diet is very dangerous!!! I know you want to lose a lot of weight but this is probably the unhealthiest way to do it. I don't mean to sound harsh but maybe you should go see your doctor or a nutritionist to help you lose the weight slowly and healthy. I am all about having people help me to stay motivated. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone. I'm new in this neck of the woods but the scenery is familiar. I've been struggling with my weight since I can remember, and unfortunately I have excellent long term memory. I started a water fast on the 9th of this month and it's going awesome. I love the feeling of my body being cleaned out from all the damage that I've done to it. After my fast (which will last for forty days) I'm going raw foods. I can't wait. I've been dreaming about raspberries for two days now. I'm looking for a fitness compadre to join me in this quest. Not the fasting, but the getting in shape. I want to lose 120 lbs. I obviously won't be able to do that with fasting so is there anyone out there willing yell at me if I'm willing to yell at you (in a totally not awkward way?) Stay strong my lovelies. We can do this!
    As you can see, we can help you to change your ways. Stick with us!
  • Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That is a terrible idea. Lose weight not by fasting, but by eating the right amounts of the right foods, with the right kinds of exercise. Please stop the fast and take a healthier approach.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Your fast sounds seriously extreme, only water for 40 days!
    Surely if you are not limp by the end of this you will gain all the weight back when you start eating?
    If this is ground you have covered before, you say you have always struggled with weight, could it be these fasts have hindered you and you are setting yourself up for a rather large fall.
    I know some on Mfp do IF but they still eat their cals in the time frame they give themselves.

To add in exercise to this equation I personally would be feeling seriously ill and weak

Would be happy to friend you if you are looking for support, but would be yelling at you to stop this fasting
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ditto on everything everyone posted. While I haven't been as extreme as a water fast- I have done some crazy things and the weight has always come back. Now I'm doing this in a healthy way - dropping weight - and feeling amazing. This is a great community - and you can lose weight with the help of everyone - even while eating! I'm also looking for motivation and love to motivate as well.

***Edit - just saw your profile as well - we have more in common than losing weight. And with that being said - you are going to need more than water to have the energy to keep up with your kids and be the best for them that you can. I know - my little guy was diagnosed last August.