Question (for women only please).....

Options
2»

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but she was in the plus sizes, and now is quite normal. she looks great! There might be a program that will help you have the surgery despite no insurance. I think when you are carrying that load for such a time, you might see some reduction, but not a lot. Breasts carry a great amount of adipose (fat) tissue and that is just a genetic make up.

I could stand to lose 30 pounds, and guarantee, my breasts will shrink, but I am also an A cup, maybe even AA when I am small and only was CLOSE to a C cup when I nursed and my milk first came in. What a surprise that was! So when I do lose, I lose around my chest wall as well as part of my filling (cup).

The best to you. I can see where it would be painful to carry that, you can strengthen your back, but I would not want to carry that much up front if I did not have to do it.

God bless!

thanks so much for all the help, I might check and see if there is a program that will help me get a reduction. :flowerforyou:
  • rheign
    rheign Posts: 56
    Options
    My best friend, who is quite petite, recently underwent a breast reduction procedure. She had wanted one for years do to the debilitating pain she experiences of and on. She couldn't be happier. Says she wishes she would have done it years ago. Incidentally, she was quite athletic before the surgery and is now able to perform better in sports. HTH. ;]
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    My best friend, who is quite petite, recently underwent a breast reduction procedure. She had wanted one for years do to the debilitating pain she experiences of and on. She couldn't be happier. Says she wishes she would have done it years ago. Incidentally, she was quite athletic before the surgery and is now able to perform better in sports. HTH. ;]

thanks, I have been wanting one for years but just the past year and a half, I have been having the back pain.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the responses yet, just wanted to share my experience. Although I wasn't as big to start with as you were - I was a 40DD when I started...and now I'm a 34B. :grumble: It would have been nice to stop around a C, my breasts were the first to go, followed by my butt :angry:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I haven't read all the responses yet, just wanted to share my experience. Although I wasn't as big to start with as you were - I was a 40DD when I started...and now I'm a 34B. :grumble: It would have been nice to stop around a C, my breasts were the first to go, followed by my butt :angry:

I wish my breast were the first thing to go, instead my pants are practially falling off. I would love it if my breasts would just go away
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I think before you decide to get a breast reduction, you should lose the weight first. My cup size has gotten smaller since I lost some weight, as I know they got bigger when I put on weight. So, I would aim to get down to your goal weight and then if they are still large, look into the breast reduction surgery.
  • vipersgirl28
    Options
    If the pain is not all the time there is another thing you might consider, is that it might be heartburn that is making your back hurt. Yea I know sounds weird doesn't it. But I get heartburn that affects my upper back.

If it does happen all the time I would suggest getting a proper bra fitted like PP's have suggested. :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    If the pain is not all the time there is another thing you might consider, is that it might be heartburn that is making your back hurt. Yea I know sounds weird doesn't it. But I get heartburn that affects my upper back.

If it does happen all the time I would suggest getting a proper bra fitted like PP's have suggested. :smile:

the pain is there all the time, but I am trying to resist getting a breast reduction until I get to my goal weight, but that will be awhile since I have so much to lose. I am going to go and get fitted for a proper size bra though, I have to do something. I do not get heartburn very much at all if ever.
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i'm a DD and have a lot of upper back problems, and my shoulders get really sore. I also have lower back problems because of the epidural when i had my son. as soon as i lose all the weight i want i plan on going in and getting them reduced, unless i lose a lot while losing weight. but i want to get them reduced and perked up lol! i'd be happy with a full C

i talked to my dr about going in and getting them reduced now, and he advised me to wait until i'm closer to my goal weight because they could change ect.