help me out please!!?? :-)

Options
I am trying to drop 10lbs or 15 in the next 4weeks. I already do 2hra day w/breaks in between (I worked my way up to 2hr, started 4weeks ago doing 3o min a day)
What else can I do?? I take in 1300-1500 cals a day. Sometimes a few hundred less.

I mainly do cardio and have been working out 7days a week going on 3weeks now.

I was thinking of adding an hr on and making 3hr a day????? IDK though..so that is why I am asking.

Hoping to get some constructive advice on what I can do.

Thanks!! :-))

Replies

• kcoburn327
    kcoburn327 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    IMO,
    I think you need to give your body a rest. It could also be in stravation mode with how many calories you are burning, just depends. I am still relivetly new to all this so I hope someone else can give you better advice.

GL and keep up the great work!
    Kelley
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    IMO,
    I think you need to give your body a rest. It could also be in stravation mode with how many calories you are burning, just depends. I am still relivetly new to all this so I hope someone else can give you better advice.

GL and keep up the great work!
    Kelley

I do rest....when I stop exercising for the day...lol
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    dude, you're doing enough. 2 hours a day is plenty if you can go 3 then you need to increase your intensity . actually the fact that you're asking if you should be doing more is a cue that you need to increase your intensity. incorporate more HIIT and tabata protocols

also get rid of some of the cardio and start weight lifting instead. odds are you'll get the results you want by adding in weight training than doing more cardio. take note of your measurements more than the scale weight since incorporating weights (especially obscenely heavy weights) will transform your body in ways that you wont be able to see on the scale. for instance 2 months ago I only lost 3 pounds but I lost an entire pants size :laugh:

weight train with enough weight that you can only do 8-12 reps per set before you need to take a rest. skip the machines and go for free weights. incorporate compound movements like squats, deadlifts, pull ups, barbell rows, bench press, push up and overhead press. or better yet go to stronglifts.com and check out that program. it's only 3 moves per workout but they are very effective.

also check your expectations.15 pounds in 4 weeks is 3.25 pounds a week which is A LOT to try and lose in a healthy way, especially if you're only 30 pounds .
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I am doing a lot of Zumba type cardio, I get on the treadmill once a week. I also incorporate heels in my dead lifts and squats. I don't have any other Machines In my home where I am doing all of my work outs.
    dude, you're doing enough. 2 hours a day is plenty if you can go 3 then you need to increase your intensity . actually the fact that you're asking if you should be doing more is a cue that you need to increase your intensity. incorporate more HIIT and tabata protocols

also get rid of some of the cardio and start weight lifting instead. odds are you'll get the results you want by adding in weight training than doing more cardio. take note of your measurements more than the scale weight since incorporating weights (especially obscenely heavy weights) will transform your body in ways that you wont be able to see on the scale. for instance 2 months ago I only lost 3 pounds but I lost an entire pants size :laugh:

weight train with enough weight that you can only do 8-12 reps per set before you need to take a rest. skip the machines and go for free weights. incorporate compound movements like squats, deadlifts, pull ups, barbell rows, bench press, push up and overhead press. or better yet go to stronglifts.com and check out that program. it's only 3 moves per workout but they are very effective.

also check your expectations.15 pounds in 4 weeks is 3.25 pounds a week which is A LOT to try and lose in a healthy way, especially if you're only 30 pounds .
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    That's quite a lot to lose in that time frame and is likely to be counterproductive in the long run. For people with a lot to lose it is ok to lose up to 2lb a week, for most people 1lb a week is better, slowing down to 0.5lb as you get within 7lb of target.

Losing weight at the rate you are proposing means you will burn off as much muscle as fat which will make it harder for you to lose weight or even keep the weight of you have already lost. This is a marathon not a sprint; think of it as for life habits and not a pre-holiday schedule.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    That's quite a lot to lose in that time frame and is likely to be counterproductive in the long run. For people with a lot to lose it is ok to lose up to 2lb a week, for most people 1lb a week is better, slowing down to 0.5lb as you get within 7lb of target.

Losing weight at the rate you are proposing means you will burn off as much muscle as fat which will make it harder for you to lose weight or even keep the weight of you have already lost. This is a marathon not a sprint; think of it as for life habits and not a pre-holiday schedule.

yes....you are right as both of the other ladies

Crap I wish I could...lol

but I dont want to do it the wrong way....