My best NSV so far

Options
dorseykm
dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
I started running about a year ago mostly for better fitness, along the way to lose weight (50+ lbs) and finally just because I enjoyed it. I would seriously have wondered if you were high or crazy if you had told former me any of this was possible. After running a few official races including a half marathon I realized that while I enjoyed the camaraderie I really hated all the waiting around before running. So, when I decided I wanted to run a marathon - I also decided my first would be unofficial. I was planning to treat it like a race - I set a date, gave it a name "Keisha's Purple Haze" Marathon," ordered a race shirt and was in the process of designing a race bib. Today was only supposed to be my final training run before tapering for the big event. Instead I mostly ran and sometimes walked my first marathon. Guess what - I don't regret waiting one bit!

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Great Accomplishment.
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I'm trying to start running. It's not as cute and easy as the Nike commercials make it look.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Great job creating your own marathon! That's soooo amazing! :o)
  • tiggerser
    tiggerser Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in awe :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!