Pure Protein- High protein bar chocolate deluxe

Options
ilovemybuggy
ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
ABSOLUTELY HORRID TASTE. Any suggestions on protein bars that are actually TASTY....or at least don't taste like soil?? :sick:

Replies

• MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    There have 20 g protein and are tasty.

Cliff builders bars

think thin protein bars (even better cold)
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    There is a strawberry cream (or strawberry something) Pure Protein bar that's amazing.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Agree. The strawberry one tastes like pie. Honestly.

I also just found The Zone Bars... chocoalte/peanut butter. It honestly tastes like a candy bar. :)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Quest Protein Bars (all-natural line): 20g protein, no soy, gluten-free, no fillers, no glycerin, no added sugars, 4-6g non-fiber carbs, lots of fiber and uses the all-natural sugar alcohol, erythritol (which doesn't cause bloating and bypasses the stomach) instead of maltitol.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Awesome!!! Thanks everyone- maybe i'll try them all out to decide which one I like the best. Unfortunately today i'm stuck with this pure protein ones- I bought two thinking they couldn't be THAT bad. I haven't even made it thru the first one. lol
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I second the Clif Builders Bars - the chocolate tastes like a s'mores, and the chocolate mint? Soooo yummy!
  • classictoaster
    Options
    I dunno man, I eat these are the regular because yum!

If you want a "sweeter" tasting bar, I also like the Detour chocolate caramel bars - however, they're loaded with sugar alcohols and only 15g of protein. But, they taste like a candy bar!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are by far the most natural/healthiest... The only one that is edible is the coconut cashew. It's actually pretty good.
  • geekyjock76
    Options
    Too many bars out there, especially in the health market, are way too high in sugar - most have more sugars than protein. I'd stay away from Luna, Lara and Cliff bars.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I like the pure protein brand bars and they beat the heck out of most protein shakes. my favorite is the peanut butter but I think the peanut, carmet chocolate one tastes like a snickers.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The Pure protein chocolate peanut butter is yummy!
  • geekyjock76
    Options
    Quest bars are by far the most natural/healthiest... The only one that is edible is the coconut cashew. It's actually pretty good.
    I've tried them all, and I certainly enjoyed some flavors more than others. A few of them taste much better after being heated in the microwave (Chocolate Brownie and Apple Pie). My favorites are coconut cashew and cinnamon roll, though.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I use the Pure Protein ones, got a triple pack at Costco of Chocolate Deluxe, Chocolate Chip, and Peanut Butter. Hard to beat the protein vs cals in a bar.
    My fav is the Chocolate chip, but they aren't super tasty. I can eat them, and after a hard workout, they are even kinda good, but not something I run for when feeling snacky.
    Have a full bottle of cold water while you are eating it, and take small bites. I found that more than the taste, the gummy texture was bothering me, but taking sips of water after every bite helped.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I didn't like that one either, but some of the other Pure Protein bars are great. I like the chocolate peanut butter one and the smores one is awesome! I need to try more varieties.

I also like clif builder bars, the chocolate mint is like thin mints to me and their new smores one is excellent as well. The chocolate chip, vanilla almond, and chocolate ones are pretty good as well.

Think thin has a few good ones as well. The chocolate brownie and dark chocolate ones are decent.
  • kipling527
    kipling527 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have used the Clif Builders Protein bar and noticed it had 20 grams of protein but also 23g sugars. I found a protein bar that still has the prtotien but less suagr and taste great. It's called Questbar/protein bar. I have tried the peanut butter and the cinnamon. No sugar or yucky aftertaste. I think there great!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Too many bars out there, especially in the health market, are way too high in sugar - most have more sugars than protein. I'd stay away from Luna, Lara and Cliff bars.

Yeah I def don't want something with a ton of sugar. My coworker was talking about special k ones- but I've looked at the nutrition on them and the protein is like 10 g and the sugar is plentiful... I want the protein- I just want to be able to stomach it, too. LOL
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Supreme bars are tasty
  • stephelan
    stephelan Posts: 81
    Options
    Power Crunch is fabulous tasting! I also have been appreciating Supreme Protein (especially chocolate peanut butter wafer YUM!)

Luna bars are new to my repertoire and I'm really liking most of those too. It's trial and error. A few months ago, I splurged and bought one of every flavor from each brand and have been discovering what I like and what I don't. I think it's worth it because now I KNOW and don't end up buying a 30 pack of something I'll hate.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Great idea!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I like that Strawberry creme and the blueberry whatever pure protein bars. I don't eat much of any of those because of the sugars (real and fake) but when I do, I actually prefer the pure protein bars.