I am flabbergasted..

Options
... at the amazing number of responses to my post.

I believe it will be nearly impossible to fail with this kind of support! ... I am retired from the Coast Guard, and spent many years saving lives on the water as a member of the Search and Rescue community... a tight knit group let me tell ya... and you all here are right there with them!. I hope you recognize the contribution you make in peoples lives.... especially mine!

Thank you all so much.... can't really put it into words.

I "started" today... I am on my way... finally.... feels good to at least take the first step.

Replies

• galecolleen
    Options
    Good for you taking steps in the right direction...
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ~smiles~... this is a great place. And as someone from a location surrounded by water... thanks for the years you spent making it safe out there.
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    Congrats on taking this first (huge) step!! Keep it up and good luck!:smooched:
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi Woody!

Yes, that was amazing.

Sounds like you need a little rescuing yourself now. . . we'll give back to you!

When you're feeling brave, open your diary, at least to your friends. That will help make you accountable. And if you stray, just log the extra stuff anyway. Exercise a little more to work it off. And just remember it's still better than what you used to eat.

Ruth
  • consumone
    consumone Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    we are here to help you keep going, just like you will do for us!
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Thank you for your service! I have 3 Coasties in my family....from Reserves to Lt. Commander, retired, but back at the station as a civilian. :)

I knew we were destined to be friends! :P I know you are going to have as much success here as I've had!
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking your first step. I started last week. There are a lot of good people here.
    Best of luck.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    ... at the amazing number of responses to my post.

I believe it will be nearly impossible to fail with this kind of support! ... I am retired from the Coast Guard, and spent many years saving lives on the water as a member of the Search and Rescue community... a tight knit group let me tell ya... and you all here are right there with them!. I hope you recognize the contribution you make in peoples lives.... especially mine!

Thank you all so much.... can't really put it into words.

I "started" today... I am on my way... finally.... feels good to at least take the first step.

Hi fellow Coastie! My hubs is stationed at AST Detroit. I've been on MFP since April and loving it! Feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Coast Guard is awesome. If there is a place I would want my boys to go it would have to be there. I am so glad you had such a fantastic welcome. Now time start making your choices count.:drinker: