What are you missing?

Options
What food have you pretty much given up in order to eat healthy that you really miss.

I miss macaroni and cheese. Every time I go to the store I pick up a box, turn it around and read the label and then put it right back on the shelf. I know that if I make it, I will eat the entire box. For me, there is no such thing as a small portion of mac/cheese so it's better to just do without. But man how I miss it. I have really been wanting some lately with the whole jobless thing, I guess that was my comfort food and I never realized it until now. Wow!! What a revealation!!! Hmm, who'd have thunk it?? Macaroni and cheese = comfort food????

Okay, I feel better now. It's 822 am and I'm thinking about macaroni and cheese!! What's wrong with this picture????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good day all!!

Memaw

Replies

• zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Oh Memaw. I really had put mac & cheese out of my mind for a good long while, now I'm going to think about it all day.
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    What food have you pretty much given up in order to eat healthy that you really miss.

I miss macaroni and cheese. Every time I go to the store I pick up a box, turn it around and read the label and then put it right back on the shelf. I know that if I make it, I will eat the entire box. For me, there is no such thing as a small portion of mac/cheese so it's better to just do without. But man how I miss it. I have really been wanting some lately with the whole jobless thing, I guess that was my comfort food and I never realized it until now. Wow!! What a revealation!!! Hmm, who'd have thunk it?? Macaroni and cheese = comfort food????

Okay, I feel better now. It's 822 am and I'm thinking about macaroni and cheese!! What's wrong with this picture????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good day all!!

Memaw

I know what you mean. I Love mac n cheese!!
    The night before last I made home made chicken and dumplings.. for my family. They Loved it!!
    I wanted some soo bad, but I know it has a lot of calories. Some people eat because they get bored,
    I eat because I loveeee the food :heart: :laugh:
    No wonder I am trying to lose weight!! I just joined here a couple weeks ago, and hope that I can Lose this weight!! JUST SAY NO TO THE BAD FOOD!! :flowerforyou:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Real General Tso's chicken from a chinese place. And Pizza Hut pizza. :happy:

Great, now I'm hungry... thanks Memaw :flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Sorry.
    I just had to put it out there somewhere since it was on my mind so early in the morning!!
    I'm surprised I haven't been dreaming about it! LOL
  • memaw66
    Options

Good day all!!

Memaw

I know what you mean. I Love mac n cheese!!
    The night before last I made home made chicken and dumplings.. for my family. They Loved it!!
    I wanted some soo bad, but I know it has a lot of calories. Some people eat because they get bored,
    I eat because I loveeee the food :heart: :laugh:
    No wonder I am trying to lose weight!! I just joined here a couple weeks ago, and hope that I can Lose this weight!! JUST SAY NO TO THE BAD FOOD!! :flowerforyou:

You CAN do this and you WILL do this! You have come to the best place for support and information! Welcome aboard!! Way to go on not eating the chicken/dumplings, don't think I could have passed that up, especially while cooking it!!!
    Memaw
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Use Whole wheat noodles,
    half the amount of cheese,
    skim milk, no butter, and
    add roasted butternut squash to thicken the sauce and it adds a great flavour.

It is delicious and you actually get veggies from it. I had some last night, with bread crumbs sprinkled on top then baked for 20 min.

You can use Sweet potatos or yams as well
  • memaw66
    Options
    You can still eat macarroni and cheese just alter it.

Use Whole wheat noodles,
    half the amount,

It is delicious and you actually get veggies from it. I had some last night, with bread crumbs sprinkled on top then baked for 20 min.
    Sorry, don't mean to sound negative, but I just can not eat it this way. I've tried and I don't like the whole wheat noodles. Nothing will ever compare to real Kraft Mac/Cheese, it's the cheesiest, I got the blues...................................
    Thanks for the recipe though.
    Memaw
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    It actually helps me to talk about this kind of stuff (and definitely helps to see others pining for their old favorites, too).

I miss:

Papa John’s pepperoni pizza
    Mozzarella sticks
    Potato skins
    Taquitos
    Monte Cristo sandwich

Do you see the trend? I miss grease! – Wow that sounds gross! :laugh: :embarassed:
  • linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Use Whole wheat noodles,

What do you do if you are allergic to squash? Seems like a great recipe besides that and I really miss mac-n-cheese. I have a box left over in my cabinet for my son and I have been putting off making it because I know I'll dive into it as well. It's just so hard! Cheese and pasta are my friends! *laughs*
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Soda!!
  • brwnsgr
    brwnsgr Posts: 78
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out, I have learned to have it in moderation and MAC and Cheese is one of my favorite foods that I will never go without.
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out, I have learned to have it in moderation and MAC and Cheese is one of my favorite foods that I will never go without.

I haven't cut out most things. But with my (used to have) super high blood pressure, the chinese food with its unworldly amount of sodium jumped to the top of a short NO WAY list.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I miss my weekly Quarter Pounder with Cheese Value meal at McDonald's. It was my Friday lunch for years. And, it has to be the whole combo not just parts of it. I have tried to duplicate it and just can't get it done without blowing most of my caloires.

I have mini goals set up throughout my weight loss. After my first twenty pounds lost - my reward is lunch at McDonald's.
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    I miss my weekly Quarter Pounder with Cheese Value meal at McDonald's. It was my Friday lunch for years. And, it has to be the whole combo not just parts of it. I have tried to duplicate it and just can't get it done without blowing most of my caloires.

I have mini goals set up throughout my weight loss. After my first twenty pounds lost - my reward is lunch at McDonald's.

How long has it been? I think they put something in them to make you addicted. It took me 5 months before I stopped craving them.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    It actually helps me to talk about this kind of stuff (and definitely helps to see others pining for their old favorites, too).

I miss:

Papa John’s pepperoni pizza
    Mozzarella sticks
    Potato skins
    Taquitos
    Monte Cristo sandwich

Do you see the trend? I miss grease! – Wow that sounds gross! :laugh: :embarassed:

While I can't help with most of your list - try the link below for your Taquitos - they are actually pretty good.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1712
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I miss my SoBe Energy's. I had at least 1 every evening, sometimes 2 or 3. But man oh man, the SUGAR!! Yikes....I just can't do it.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I also haven't cut anything out. Just learned what a proper portion is, or drasticly reduced my consumption of it.

However, I have not had a beer since Labor Day Weekend. I really like beer, and I'll probably have one or two next weekend when I go to a football game.

Gen Tso Chicken...don't think I've had that in 6 months, but it used to be a staple on my menu. Guess I miss that too.

However, I'll tell you what I don't miss. It being a struggtle to get up out of a chair...and breaking into a sweat while getting my two year old dressed in the morning...Don't miss that stuff at all. It's all about the QOL.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You can use sweet potatos or Yams

Use Whole wheat noodles,

What do you do if you are allergic to squash? Seems like a great recipe besides that and I really miss mac-n-cheese. I have a box left over in my cabinet for my son and I have been putting off making it because I know I'll dive into it as well. It's just so hard! Cheese and pasta are my friends! *laughs*
    [/quote]
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    However, I'll tell you what I don't miss. It being a struggtle to get up out of a chair...and breaking into a sweat while getting my two year old dressed in the morning...Don't miss that stuff at all. It's all about the QOL.

Amen Brother. When taking the trash out doesn't get you winded anymore :laugh: Actually tying your shoes instead of slipping them on and off.
  • expressbug
    Options
    I love mac and cheese to and every once in a while I will get an easy mac cup only 220 calories and 6 grams of fat I think. I'll bring it for lunch when I'm craving it. Its only one serving so you CAN eat the whole thing. Yummy