Halfway there...41lbs lost

Options
nichole325
nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
Soooo....All throughout my life i was involved in dance and I was very active as a child. When my parents got divorced and my mom was getting remarried things took a turn for the worst and I started to gain a lot of weight. When I hit high school- I became involved in dance again and I was in cheerleading all four years so although I've always been thicker (lots of muscle) I was a pretty good size. I packed on a LOT of weight once I started college and when I moved away to NYC and started living with my boyfriend.

I officially started this journey in January of this year and have lost 41lbs...I have 40 more that I want to lose but I plan on taking it 10lbs at a time.

Here are the pics....yucky. LOL

The first one is from May 2010 at my college graduation party and the second one is from a few wknd ago. Hopefully I can reach my goal of 40 more lbs lost before I have my graduation party for my MBA which is at the end of this year (I'll probably have my party in March.)

Thanks to all my MFP friends for being there every step of the way.

weightloss.jpg

Replies

• skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    so proud of you. Your sticken to it. Glad you are also doing what you love. Hugs you loook marvalos:love:
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    OMG WOW you can really see the difference you look great! I hope I can see a difference like this when I lose 41lbs
  • ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB GIRL!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • omgiacobbi
    omgiacobbi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That is SUCH a huge difference! I've never seen your before picture so it was nice to see a visual comparison of how much you've lost. Keep it up, girl! You're doing great!
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wooooo!.. You look fantastic Well Done!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look beautiful!
  • nichole325
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    great job! So pretty!
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up!!
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Wonderfic, Congrats on your accomplishment!
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You look great! What have you been doing as far as eating and exercising?
  • hoopingchild
    Options
    You are really an inspiration. I am just beginning but am inspired when I see the results you have achieved. Congrats to you!
  • amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Options
    You look so good, ive lost 20lbs so far, cant wait to get rid of 20 more. Keep up the good work
  • nichole325
    Options
    You look great! What have you been doing as far as eating and exercising?

Well- I am by no means perfect at ALL! My boyfriend and I live together which makes it virtually impossible to steer clear of bad food and alcohol...however, I try to plan as much as possible.

I cook every night during the week and try to make the food as healthy and delicious as possible. I have tried to limit the snacking and I bought a food scale from Amazon for about $20 that helps me keep my portions in check.

I go to the gym everyday after work and on Saturdays so I aim to go 4-6 days a week and I wear a heartrate monitor to know exactly how many calories I'm burning. I still have a long way to go but I am extremely proud of the milestones I have made thus far.

I started at a size 18 and XL and now I'm down to a lose L and 14 pants (i just bought my first size 14 jeans yesterday for the first time in a WHILE).

Thanks for all your kind words!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!