giving up the scale

Options
So I decided a little while ago to give up the scale. I had an obsession with it. I was constantly getting on my scale, as in multiple times a day. I have now taken to the how my clothes fit and how I look in the mirror approach. I was getting frustrated with trying to lose that last 5 lbs. I have come to realize that the last 5lbs on the scale isn't going to be that huge of a difference in how I look or what size pants I wear. I am trying to make healthier choices. Its not always the case but I am trying hard. Some days are better than others. I have a hard time resisting ice cream. I don't really fight to be under my calorie goal every single day. I found that my weight loss slowed and I was cranky when I stayed under my calorie goal for multiple days or weeks at a time. It is rare if I do stay under. I do try hard to stay under 2000 calories. Even that has been a little difficult recent as I was visiting friends and family back home and did a lot of eating out. I work out 6 days a week. I lift weights mon, wed, and fri and run (well, doing C25K) on tues, thurs, and sat. I usually take sunday off unless I had a bad week. I continue to log because I know if I stop I will go back to my old ways of eating whatever, whenever. MFP helps keep me in line.