Adding flavour to make healthy meals delicious

Options
I decided to start eating healthy last Thursday and honestly as someone who LOVES food I felt my countdown to the start of my program last week was a bit of a death march. Picking what to eat for my last "real" dinner on Wednesday night felt like someone on death row picking their last meal.

BUT, as I started planning out my meals this past weekend, I discovered the case of Epicure spices that I had bought at a friend's party years ago, and I think that will be my saving grace. They are packed full of flavour, most of them without salt.

I fried up some extra lean ground chicken breast with the fajita spice to make chilli and it tasted so good I ended up eating a small bowl of just the chicken. Threw some stir-fry mix onto veggies and they tasted super yummy.

Good to know that healthy doesn't need to be bland!

Anyone else have other yummy seasoning or recipe secrets?

Replies

• mauramalade
    mauramalade Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to do spicy with sweet... My favorite lunch is quinoa cooked in vegetable broth with a tsp of cayenne pepper, and then when it's finished & I mix in my veggies, I squeeze the juice from two limes. Such a good flavor combo!
  • mfoulkebrown
    mfoulkebrown Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Vinegar is a great option for adding some flavor with very few calories. The sweeter the vinegar, the higher the calories, though.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Picking what to eat for my last "real" dinner on Wednesday night felt like someone on death row picking their last meal.

What do you consider a "real" dinner to be? I am just wondering what your baseline is.