52 pounds and seeing progress in the pictures

Options
MKolek00
MKolek00 Posts: 23 Member
I started in Feb 2012.

I am 6'5 and weighed 302 pounds (my never-never number) and needed to change. I'm lucky that my friends started as well and helped push me, but to be honest seeing a 3 to start my weight scared me.

This is a picture from a wedding in 2009 probably around 285

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii632/mkolek/7-23-201210-52-38AM.jpg

Here is a picture from early 2010 with my wife and oldest daughter. I'm probably around 285 again and also a picture of this last weekend at 250 even.

Untitled-2.jpg

And here is the picture from the hospital holding my youngest daughter 1/16/12 at roughly 302 along with the same picture of this weekend!

Untitled.jpg

I have logged for 175 straight days on MFP along with eatting better (not great, but not bad all the time either) and starting to exercise more. I did P90X for a few weeks, but didn't have the time to commit fully. I starting running and completely my first 5K in under 32 minutes. I used Couch to 5k up until about week 6 and just started running longer myself.

I have another 5k next month and we are doing the Zombie run in PA in Sept.

Just to brag these are my two beautiful daughers!

Untitled-1.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!