Help!! Weight NOT dropping!!!

Options
In total since the end of July I have lost about 17 lbs. I have only been "focusing" on my weight loss (exercising, counting calories, etc) for the last month. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I am sticking with the calories allotted to me her on my fitness pal, I am doing AT LEAST 3 days per week (45 min/ea) of cardio and about 15 minutes of strength training on my abs and bottom. I am not dropping ANYTHING!!!!
Last year I did weight watcher with NO exercise and lost much more. Am I doing something wrong??
Please people!! I need suggestions!!!

278680.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    if u lost 17lbs from july to now sounds like a pretty good number to me. remember when u lose weight slowly u pack it on slowly too. how long did ur weight loss with WW last?
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    That's alomst 2 pounds a week :drinker: Where do you see that as doing something wrong?????
  • Angelface28
    Angelface28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A lot of times you'll hit slumps in weight loss. Just remember not to give up! Try diversifying what your eating, sometimes that can help boost your metabolism. Also calories are not the end all be all when it comes to weight loss. Try to eat natural things, and stock up on complex carbs. Your body digests these much better than things that are "refined" or stock full of preservatives. Personally Im a vegetarian. Vegan has been proven to be the healthiest of lifestyles, but I'm in love with cheese lol, so Im just a vegetarian. Do what feels right for you. And remember people are different sizes and shapes. As long as your healthy, whatever the scales says, shouldn't be a big deal. It's just a number, it doesn't mean anything. Good Luck!!! :-)
  • outdoormom09
    Options
    Wow... your being too hard on yourself... I would be thrilled with those results. I have been at this for 3 weeks and haven't lost a pound (lol) your an inspiration. Keep up the good work!:smooched:
  • nolachick
    Options
    That's alomst 2 pounds a week :drinker: Where do you see that as doing something wrong?????

I agree! 2lbs a week is a lot! I think u are doing just fine!
  • jnsangel33
    Options
    if u lost 17lbs from july to now sounds like a pretty good number to me. remember when u lose weight slowly u pack it on slowly too. how long did ur weight loss with WW last?

I lost weight in about 3 months or so with WW and gained it back in about a year. Plus a little. Are you suggesting that I just take it slow and let it come as it comes??? I too thought of that, but you know how we are......We want results today!!! :) Yes, 17 lbs is a lot over the last 3 months, but what I was saying is that I wasn't working for it. I am now working out 3-4 days per week, eating on a smaller plate...really "focusing" on weight loss and it seems to have just came to a screeching halt!!! :[
  • jnsangel33
    Options
    Wow... your being too hard on yourself... I would be thrilled with those results. I have been at this for 3 weeks and haven't lost a pound (lol) your an inspiration. Keep up the good work!:smooched:

Ok......wow! Thank you for that!! Maybe I just needed to hear you guys say these things..... You are all very correct!! I have been doing alright. I guess my concern was because I haven't budged in nearly a month. Thanks everyone..... You all helped me see that I am doing just fine!!!!!

278680.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • emiliepavon
    Options
    Also keep in mind, if you are working out this time, you are toning up and adding muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. You may not be able to see it as much on the scale as you will in your clothes:smile: Hang in there:flowerforyou:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    You should get a measuring tape and measure yourself. Sometimes even though the scale isn't dropping your inches might be.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Some us forget, but there is another measuring tool, pounds aren't the only thing that can measure weight loss.

Take measurements.

You could easily have lost inche(s) on chest, stomach, hips, legs, and not notice any weight loss.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    You're making a lifestyle change here. With WW, you gained all that weight back as soon as you stopped because you didn't change your lifestyle and your old habits that caused you to gain weight in the first place.

Listen, I've been there. I lost about 40 pounds in 3 months just by cutting calories & walking a little. Well, I reverted back to my old habits & gained it all back plus 30 pounds. This time, I'm taking it slow, I'm changing things in a way that I will be able to maintain my new lifestyle for the rest of my life. I'm not on a "diet." I expect the weight to come off more slowly, but it will continue to come off and most importantly it will stay off this time. :smile:
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    Take it slow...live your life as normal as possible...add exercise permanently...this way it is likely to stay off.
    I have only lost 12 pounds since may...and believe it or not, I'm okay with it because I feel like it is likely to stay off!!! and I've really worked for it...

Cindy
  • nolachick
    Options

I lost weight in about 3 months or so with WW and gained it back in about a year. Plus a little. Are you suggesting that I just take it slow and let it come as it comes??? I too thought of that, but you know how we are......We want results today!!! :) Yes, 17 lbs is a lot over the last 3 months, but what I was saying is that I wasn't working for it. I am now working out 3-4 days per week, eating on a smaller plate...really "focusing" on weight loss and it seems to have just came to a screeching halt!!! :[

definately not saying to slow down but just meant that when u do fad diets that make u drop weight quickly u gain weight as soon as u come off the diet. i really think ur progress is at a great rate so stick to whatever ur doing.

what's ur diet and routine now? hey I might wanna followit :smile:
  • brwnsgr
    brwnsgr Posts: 78
    Options
    [/quote

Outdoor mom

I understand how you feel, I'm in my third week as well and only lost 1 lb.]