Is this odd...

Options
My boyfriend wants to work out with me and watch me work out. Now the swimming and walking, sure, no problem with that. But me trying to do the 30 day shred and him either there with me or watching me go through that. NO. I do not want someone to see me struggling to get through it, sweating to death, and *****ing at Jillian as she forces me to keep going. I prefer to keep my hardcore workouts private. Plus I only have a set of weights for me. So is it odd that I don't want him to see me doing my hardcore workouts or doing them with me? Like I said if he wants to swim or walk with me, fine, I'm totally cool with that. But the rest...that's like watching a fish flounder...it's not pretty lol.

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I love working out with my boyfriend, because he makes fun of the instructors on the DVD and makes me laugh, and the time goes by quickly. But if you don't enjoy it, you don't enjoy it. Nothing odd about personal preferences.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate doing videos or stuff like that when my husband is even in the house, much less actually watching me. I will hit pause and wait for him to find something else to do.I am sure it depends on a combo of the preferences of the woman, the character of the man, and the history of the relationship in re: fitness and weight.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    My wife would probably rather be shot than let me be in the house while she does 30DS. Women...
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Lol I know he's coming down to see me this weekend and I'm like we'll be swimming or walking. That workout dvd won't even be touched unless I know for sure he's laying down to take a nap.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Watching you workout probably turns him on. What's better than sweaty women in workout gear? I can't be the only one, can I?

Even tho you may be self conscious, your sweaty time is his sexy time. No matter what you may think you look like, he's your man and he's attracted to you just the way you are. I say let him watch.
  • mokab
    mokab Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like working out with hubby. He pushes me and makes me laugh. Now the watching thing.... I don't mind unless he expects conversation or interrupts. Working out with someone makes it fun and the time flies. If he is watching.. why not just join in and workout with you?
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Watching you workout probably turns him on. What's better than sweaty women in workout gear? I can't be the only one, can I?

Even tho you may be self conscious, your sweaty time is his sexy time. No matter what you may think you look like, he's your man and he's attracted to you just the way you are. I say let him watch.

Omg this made me laugh. Thanks! I can just see it now *in borat voice* Oooo workout means SEXY TIME! LOL. It's just odd though I guess maybe *big maybe* I'll let him do the dvds with me. I'll have to get him a set of weights. BUT and I do mean BUT like mokab said, if he wants to have a conversation while I'm doing 30DS...oh hell no. I'm having a nice enough conversation with Jillian thank you very much. LOL.