Introducing myself.

Hi - I will try to be short with my introduction. My name is Franci. I am 40 years old and I weigh 273 pounds. After a very stressful life where I have always put myself last, now that my kids are out of the home, married and off to college, I am going to focus on myself. My only issue is that of lately, I just find myself tired. I will explain later on in this message. How I got this way - I had children young and the worthless men in my life left me to take care of my kids 100% on my own. I worked, cooked, cleaned and raised two children with very little help. I was tired at the end of the day, and took comfort in eating. 18 years later I find myself needing to lose weight. The beginning of last year I weighed 293 pounds, the largest I have ever been. I got a divorce. I immediately started climbing flights of stairs at work, eating less, in one week I remember losing 9 pounds. After a couple of months I weighed 267. Found a new man, got married, perfect life and I started eating again. After a year I weighed 280. I recently cut back on food again and took another interest in losing weight. Which I am now at 273 pounds. Ish.

Regarding me being tired and week. I dont know if it just mental or what, but I feel week and tired, I think it may have something to do with being the big 4-0 this year, but I did cardio workout for 15 minutes the other day and then the next morning I tried it again and couldn't get my feet off the floor. I have forced myself to walk because I just dont feel like it. Anyway, I sure would like anyones input on this. I do know I can eat and I get energy from food, but I have cut back drastically on my intake of food and I am not sure if that is why I am weak. Morning time, no food, no energy to work out. I would love to exercise in the morning before my shower before work, any suggestions there?

Anyway. I am focused, I have the mindset and I have already reduced my calorie intake and I feel the hunger pains, which I am trying to tell myself that is a good feeling. I have already got past the mental eating thing. I am not thinking about food all the time. Except for hard boiled eggs and freezer ice pops. Which has to be better thank fries and a burger.

Anyway, I need help, I don't normally ask for help from people I know, so this is really odd for me to ask help from strangers. But we seem like we are in the same boat. And I really need encouragement and would love to find someone here to share this journey with.

Replies

• Hello there! I'm Ashley, I'm new here too! And I totally empathize with your story.
    Regarding me being tired and week. I dont know if it just mental or what, but I feel week and tired, I think it may have something to do with being the big 4-0 this year, but I did cardio workout for 15 minutes the other day and then the next morning I tried it again and couldn't get my feet off the floor. I have forced myself to walk because I just dont feel like it. Anyway, I sure would like anyones input on this.

First, off... in the beginning, it's tough to move everyday, but as long as you're moving (even a walk around the block) it's more than you did before. It's about baby steps (I keep telling my mom, who's also in your boat) this ALL the time. Don't get discouraged! You CAN do it!
    I do know I can eat and I get energy from food, but I have cut back drastically on my intake of food and I am not sure if that is why I am weak. Morning time, no food, no energy to work out. I would love to exercise in the morning before my shower before work, any suggestions there?

Second, breakfast is the MOST important meal. Make sure you are eating something in the morning-- eating breakfast jump starts your day-- you can't burn anything off if you don't have calories to burn. Also, if you consistently make your body think it's starving it's going to hold on to what you do eat because it doesn't know when it will get food again-- which ends up stalling your journey. (And this isn't to say you can't let yourself EVER be hungry-- just don't starve yourself.)

Anyway. I am focused, I have the mindset and I have already reduced my calorie intake and I feel the hunger pains, which I am trying to tell myself that is a good feeling. I have already got past the mental eating thing. I am not thinking about food all the time. Except for hard boiled eggs and freezer ice pops. Which has to be better thank fries and a burger.

Make sure you educate yourself on healthy snack so that you don't get stuck eating the SAME stuff all the time. A trainer I work with suggest this list of healthy snacks, check it out: http://www.lifestylesofthefit.blogspot.com/2012/04/healthy-snack-ideas.html

Best of luck!

Anyway, I need help, I don't normally ask for help from people I know, so this is really odd for me to ask help from strangers. But we seem like we are in the same boat. And I really need encouragement and would love to find someone here to share this journey with.
    [/quote]
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Welcome! I'm Eileen!

I agree with Ashley. when I started focusing and changing my life, I didn't even work out fot 3 months. I just started by switching to only drinking water and no fried foods or desserts. After that I started counting calories, purely out of curiosity at first, but then I discovered that it made sense to me. It's as simple as thinking of food as fuel and not comfort, love, security, or whatever it is that is missing from your life. Then when I decided to start working out I was so tired, all I did was ride a bike for 15 mins a day (walking is too hard on my knees). Soon I was able to go for 30, then up to an hour. Once I began seeing the difference in my body and feeling the difference in my energy level I chose a workout routine. I chose power90, but there are plenty more to choose from so that you can tailor your routine to your lifestyle.

All we can do is take life as it comes. When we mess up, we forgive ourselves and move on. Take it a day at a time, eat breakfast like Ashley said, and take it at your own pace, but always, always, be striving to push just a little harder. You will be amazed at how quickly your progress will add up! I started out 372lbs and swearing I would never exercise! Now after 7 months I am 295lbs and I do P90 6 days a week, bike for 40 mins at least 5 days a week, and even throw in some water aerobics whenever the opportunity arises. I would have never imagined. You can do it!!!

Add me if you like!