Got to put forth more effort at this

vdpal
vdpal Posts: 64 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I have been on and off the site for the past year now. I am still carrying around those same twenty-two pounds I wanted to lose last year. I just have not tried that hard.
I do great doing the day at work. I log my food in for breakfast, lunch and snack, then I blow it once I get home. I am tired of working hard and giving in to temptation in the evening.
Today I am going to start logging in to the site at night as well. If I would have been doing that all along, I would probably be down those twenty-two pounds.
I hope you all will help me stick with it. I know successful weightloss takes time and effort, and that means even writing down(or entering calories in) at night as well.

Glad there is this site. I think it is wonderful. I just need to read the post more often so that I will stay motivated. I see a lot of people who have been successful at losing the weight. GREAT JOB!!

Replies

• Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Good luck, YOU CAN DO THIS! there are alot of good threads you can join for challenges, motivation, support, and friends. :flowerforyou:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Hi, I have been on and off the site for the past year now. I am still carrying around those same twenty-two pounds I wanted to lose last year. I just have not tried that hard.
    I do great doing the day at work. I log my food in for breakfast, lunch and snack, then I blow it once I get home. I am tired of working hard and giving in to temptation in the evening.
    Today I am going to start logging in to the site at night as well. If I would have been doing that all along, I would probably be down those twenty-two pounds.
    I hope you all will help me stick with it. I know successful weightloss takes time and effort, and that means even writing down(or entering calories in) at night as well.

Glad there is this site. I think it is wonderful. I just need to read the post more often so that I will stay motivated. I see a lot of people who have been successful at losing the weight. GREAT JOB!!

Let me give you some not so nice words of wisdom. It's not the fact that you are not logging your food at night that has kept you from losing the 22 pounds. You knew what you were eating when you got home, yet you still did it. Be accountable to yourself, use the diary as a tool of knowledge.

You can do it if you want to. You can lean on me if you need someone to keep you focused. Just don't let the logging be the crutch to your success. There will be times when you are not near a computer or don't have time to do it. That is not an excuse to let yourself go. Be strong and self accountable, and you will be successful.

Good luck.
  • It's never too late to start. The first step is to realize there is a problem. Is up to you to solve it. It definitely takes hard work but little by little you start seeing the results.

I used to do a lot of emotional eating. I still struggle with it but now when I want that piece of cake or cookie instead I call someone and just talk and get distracted. You can also try waiting 20 minutes and if you still want it you get it. Usually after 5 minutes you'll find something else and get distracted. Also you can try eating healthy snack...there r tons of options :-)
  • vdpal
    vdpal Posts: 64 Member
    Thanks!! I know you are right chgudnitz. "You can do it, if you want to." I know this, but I haven't been true to myself in the evening. Thanks for the post. I do really want to lose 22 pounds and I will.
This discussion has been closed.