Best dumbell exercises for underarm flab?

Options
I'm trying so hard to get rid of mine. I know it will obviously take time but I'm looking for some really good exercises for it. I've been using gym machines like chest press, shoulder raise, and ones that work your biceps a little bit. What are good dumbell exercises?

Replies

• ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I assume you are referring to some pesky fat under your arms. Sadly, no exercise will spot reduce fat. If you want to build muscle in that area, there are lots of different exercises for triceps. My favorite is tricep dips.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/exercises/single-bench-dip.html
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.

^^This.. Best spot target workout.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    As said, you can't spot reduce.

As you lose fat (weight), a lot of that flab will go away.

But, to work those arms, pushups, tricep dips, and rows with dumbbells will help the muscles strengthen.
  • Temple1972
    Options
    I would recommend cable pushdowns to tone the triceps, remember to keep your elbows tucked into your side though and don't move your upper arm.

Also as the others said you can't spot reduce fat so include a bit more cardio if your not doing
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Food pushaways
  • dirtydmvkid
    dirtydmvkid Posts: 184
    Options
    Food pushaways
    ^Found to be one of the most effective.
  • BriHealthy150
    BriHealthy150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Food pushaways
    ^Found to be one of the most effective.
    Funny.
  • beccalinda44
    Options
    If you go to bodybuilding.com you can see different workouts that have already been created or create your own. My friend created our workouts from there. They show you a video and have clear directions. Work those triceps!! Good luck.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    folks are right. There are no exercises that offer spot reduction. Exercise, Eat right, eat less, lose fat, lose the flabby arms. That's it.
  • BriHealthy150
    BriHealthy150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind suggestions!