MORE CALORIES????

Options
Should I bump up my calories from 1200 to 1300? I have been at a stand still for weeks. I workout to turbo jam 4 times a week for about 50 minutes. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO JUMP START AGAIN?

Replies

• Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    are you eatting all of your exercise calories?
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    No none of them.
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    Are u weight training at all?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    well there is ur answer!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Relax for a second. Is there a chance that you are at the right weight for your body? Just because you WANT to lose 10 more pounds doesn't mean you SHOULD lose 10 more pounds.

And the exercise calories, there are a lot of arguments about it on here. Take it as you will, but in MHO you should. I'm just saying though...
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I was at a standstill for 2 weeks and upped my cals. The next few days the scale moved...downward. I eat some of my exercise cals, but not too many because I don't measure my food and I know I am off when I say I only ate 1 tbs peanut butter (more like 2 haha). I would read the newbie threads and decide for myself!
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The last 10 lbs can take months to lose, no joke. I joined the site with 10 to lose, lost 2.5 immediately....and havent lost a thing since (well its been up and done, but no permanent loss). You just need to keep at it and be thankful youre not gaining. If you still don't see any loss in 2 months, it may be time to try some different things (eating more, less, different kinds of exercise, portioning out your calories differently, etc) Good luck! Stick with it :flowerforyou:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    You're in starvation mode. Eat the extra calorie, and you'll notice in a couple weeks. Good luck!
  • lizzyksm
    Options
    Maybe your body has hit plateau. You need to spice it up, try new things. When your body is not challenged anymore then the weight stays the same.
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great advice.