The dreaded loose belly

Options
I have two beautiful girls. As a result of two pregnancies, my belly is rounder than I'd like. I start out the day fairly flat, but once I start eating, it starts rounding out. If I eat a big meal, I look like I'm about 4 months pregnant.

I'm 5'10" and weigh ~146 currently. My goal is set at 140 but I'd be happy at 142. I am eating at a deficit (1340 net calories a day) and I'm starting the 30 day shred on Wednesday assuming the DVD arrives in the mail.

Is it going to be possible for me to tighten up my belly so that it doesn't look like I'm expecting again just because I ate food? I don't mean after a steak and potatoes dinner, I mean I can eat a nice big salad with dressing on the side and still look huge. Drinking a glass of water or two will do it as well. I'm not looking for rock-hard, 6-pack abs, and I've got too much flab going on right now for that anyway.

Replies

• KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    What is your current exercise routine like?

My estimate is that once you start some form of strength training that includes "core" work. This is an issue that will disappear.

Also, are you tracking your measurements?

And, have you changed your diet regime recently? - When I walked away from junk food. I went through a period where all the fruits & veggies gave me a lot of "gas". Perhaps you are just going through an adjustment period?
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    What is your current exercise routine like?
    None except for being active taking care of my kids during the day. That will change on Wednesday.
    My estimate is that once you start some form of strength training that includes "core" work. This is an issue that will disappear.

Also, are you tracking your measurements?
    Not yet, but I will take pictures and measurements in the next couple of days.
    And, have you changed your diet regime recently? - When I walked away from junk food. I went through a period where all the fruits & veggies gave me a lot of "gas". Perhaps you are just going through an adjustment period?
    I just started back on calorie restriction last week, after coming back from a vacation. I did eat junk while I was on vacation, but that's the exception, not the norm. For calorie restriction, I tend to eat smaller portions of the same meals, but I've always been health conscious and try to choose healthy options.